Thread: Xerox 7225 jam

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Xerox 7225 jam

Hi

I am looking for someone who had experience with the jam code 377-110. I found that itb unit cause the problem and paper jams all time at the same place with paper folded in z shape just before the fuser (attached pic). Replacing whole itb unit will solve the issue but I cannot find where exactly is the problem with itb unit. Has someone seen it before and can advise where could be the problem please? I have 4 itb units with the same problem

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    377110jam.pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Xerox 7225 jam

This problem is often caused by binding in the IBT or lack of drive to the IBT.

First, check for excess grease on the drive coupler on the IBT and the drive coupler on the machine frame side. Clean all excess grease. Also check to make sure the drive moves back and forth on the shaft. The spring may have weakened and needs to be stretched.

Before replacing the IBT, order and install the IBT Spacer Fix, part # 655N00508. Remove the screw securing the IBT cleaner assembly and install the spacer and longer screw in it's place. This will keep the IBT fully engaged with the drive.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    This problem is often caused by binding in the IBT or lack of drive to the IBT.

First, check for excess grease on the drive coupler on the IBT and the drive coupler on the machine frame side. Clean all excess grease. Also check to make sure the drive moves back and forth on the shaft. The spring may have weakened and needs to be stretched.

Before replacing the IBT, order and install the IBT Spacer Fix, part # 655N00508. Remove the screw securing the IBT cleaner assembly and install the spacer and longer screw in it's place. This will keep the IBT fully engaged with the drive.
    Thank you for your reply Exok

I remember previously screwing itb to printer frame fix this issue but not this time. I have added IBT spacer fix and screw itb to the printer frame and what was interesting I was able t print 4 pages then 1 jam occur. Next I print around 10 pages. Now it jams again all the time. SO it was a progress for a while.
    Drive coupler do you mean gear located next to the cleaning unit, which rotate the itb belt?
    Last edited by Jack79; 02-23-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Update.
    The itb unit which cause the problem makes jam only when BW job is sent (not colour). I checked it on two machine and the same problem occurs.
    I have also noticed that big metal roll located next to BUR Back Up Roll did not sit properly (so 3 colour BTRs did not lift up while rotating coupling switch)
    but after putting it back it stills jam bw jobs.

I suspected lack of drive like Exok mentioned and thought that drive roll might be worn but it seems to be something else as only bw jobs cause jams.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had 4 mcs all doing the same thing on my area followed all edocs advice re new ItB AND SPACER AND EVEN REPLACING BLACK DRUM FOLLOWED ALL edoc advice still jammed same place same code take my word for it it is the 2nd btr assembly transfer roller
    I replace it in 1 of the mcs and it solved the prob did other 3 mcs and havent had a call on any of the mcs now for 3 months

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie View Post
    I had 4 mcs all doing the same thing on my area followed all edocs advice re new ItB AND SPACER AND EVEN REPLACING BLACK DRUM FOLLOWED ALL edoc advice still jammed same place same code take my word for it it is the 2nd btr assembly transfer roller
    I replace it in 1 of the mcs and it solved the prob did other 3 mcs and havent had a call on any of the mcs now for 3 months
    Thank you tekkie for joining to this post.
    In my case it is definitely itb because when I install it to another machine the issue follow and the same jam and code appears. When I install a good itb then problem is solved .
    According to sm it can be caused by 2nd btr like you said but in this case is more likely problem with itb itself.
    I cannot really figure out what is wrong with it. It only jams bw prints. I checked it on 3 printets 2x 7225 and 1x7120.

Now I am suspecting drive roller but if its a problem with drive roller then why there are no problem with colour prints. Anyway I will clean it and see if this helps. I know if this will work then only for a short period. It is worth to try as disassembling process is really quick.