Technician

Xerox C60 (+ Fiery) - Remote Scan not working

Hello everyone,
    i'm a graphic designer that works with Xerox C60 with Fiery (attached box behind it), and i'm facing some issues,
    but the main reason about this post is about the Remote Scan not working, i think this utility very useful and pratical if works.
    My remote scan doesn't show up the "Scan" button in it, only "Mailbox" thing. The Fiery server is connected. Strange because
    i see some other users using remote scan utility and the "Scan" button is there... wonder why mine doesn't show up.
    How to fix this?
    Here's the screenshot:
    Remote Scan.jpg
    Thanks,
    Flip

P.S. : Remote Scan is the latest version

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: Xerox C60 (+ Fiery) - Remote Scan not working

Log in as guest on the remote scan application, all lowercase and no password. Hit update templates on the copier and scan using one of the fiery templates.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jhalfhide; 03-09-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Technician

Thanks jhalfhide, it could be an alternative, but still wonder if someone could fix this issue. There must be a reason why isn't show up the button.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xXFlipPTXx View Post
    Thanks jhalfhide, it could be an alternative, but still wonder if someone could fix this issue. There must be a reason why isn't show up the button.
    Are you expecting a scan button in the remote scan application? That's not how it works. It's not a TWAIN scanning application. It's a method for pulling mailbox scans.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Technician

jhalfhide, could you help me how to configure my Xerox to scan to pc (folder) ? It's been so long that I have been trying so many times to follow some tutorials on youtube but i always get stuck the part when is needed to create a template because it have diferent options when i get inside the server machine.
    I could send you screenshots to see how i must do because i started working with the xerox machine only by a year, can tell i'm a noob on this. I want to learn and avoid to scan to usb. Since i can't use the Remote Scan...
    If you can't, no worries, i'll make a post thread about this if someone could help me, only the part from creating template and after that.
    Thanks,
    Flip
    P.S.: Want to avoid also the fiery templates...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by xXFlipPTXx View Post
    jhalfhide, could you help me how to configure my Xerox to scan to pc (folder) ? It's been so long that I have been trying so many times to follow some tutorials on youtube but i always get stuck the part when is needed to create a template because it have diferent options when i get inside the server machine.
    I could send you screenshots to see how i must do because i started working with the xerox machine only by a year, can tell i'm a noob on this. I want to learn and avoid to scan to usb. Since i can't use the Remote Scan...
    If you can't, no worries, i'll make a post thread about this if someone could help me, only the part from creating template and after that.
    Thanks,
    Flip
    P.S.: Want to avoid also the fiery templates...

as jhalfhide said above, remote scan on your PC is just aplication for make template and receive file after scan. you can not play scan from there.
    so....after you make template from Remote scan, go to UI then open scan network, should be new template youve just create there.
    open the template, then follow the scan methode, start.........wait till 100%
    cek on remote server, your file should be there, save it then...

Regards