Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Xerox WC 3655 Green Screen

Hello everybody.

I've got MFP Xerox WC 3655 with such problem: It's not booting up. After pressing P/O display stuck on green screen with energysaver logo, interrupt button is blinking. It lasts 5-7 minutes and display goes black screen and only enery saver button is blinking. All leds on IP board lit (4 green 4 orange). And then nothing happens display is black and energy saver is blinking.

I tried to do ALTBOOT procedure with 4 different types of dongles 4GB-16GB, all of them FAT32. Tried to make FORCED_ALTBOOT. Nothing happens, at power on the led on dongle is blinking, there is green screen on display, and the interrupt button is blinking, it lasts five minutes and the screen goes black and energy saver button is blinking.

I tried to change the HDD. MFP has 320GB Hdd. And i change it to 500 and 320GB HDD. Tried to make them altboot and forced altboot procedure, but nothing happens. After P/O display shows greens screen with energy saver logo, Led on dongle is blinking, interrupt button is blinking, after 1 minute MFP reboot itself, and all this repeats until press power off button.

I can't understand what's the problem? MFP did not respond all 4 dongles? But the led indicators on dongles is blinking.
    HDD Corrupted? but i'll tried to change it with 2 another ones.
    Or maybe SD card is corrupted?

Maybe somebody already has some problems, and may help me? or Maybe somebody have and image of SD card on this MFP?

Thanks, for Help!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox WC 3655 Green Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Shurlk View Post
    Hello everybody.

I've got MFP Xerox WC 3655 with such problem: It's not booting up. After pressing P/O display stuck on green screen with energysaver logo, interrupt button is blinking. It lasts 5-7 minutes and display goes black screen and only enery saver button is blinking. All leds on IP board lit (4 green 4 orange). And then nothing happens display is black and energy saver is blinking.

I tried to do ALTBOOT procedure with 4 different types of dongles 4GB-16GB, all of them FAT32. Tried to make FORCED_ALTBOOT. Nothing happens, at power on the led on dongle is blinking, there is green screen on display, and the interrupt button is blinking, it lasts five minutes and the screen goes black and energy saver button is blinking.

I tried to change the HDD. MFP has 320GB Hdd. And i change it to 500 and 320GB HDD. Tried to make them altboot and forced altboot procedure, but nothing happens. After P/O display shows greens screen with energy saver logo, Led on dongle is blinking, interrupt button is blinking, after 1 minute MFP reboot itself, and all this repeats until press power off button.

I can't understand what's the problem? MFP did not respond all 4 dongles? But the led indicators on dongles is blinking.
    HDD Corrupted? but i'll tried to change it with 2 another ones.
    Or maybe SD card is corrupted?

Maybe somebody already has some problems, and may help me? or Maybe somebody have and image of SD card on this MFP?

Thanks, for Help!
    For flashing the firmware with USB thumb drive you must follow the procedure below:
    The USB thumb drive must have max 8gb. and formated FAT32.
    You must install the firmware with procedure bellow:
    Download and unzip the firmware,
    To prepare the USB thumb drive for an AltBoot restore, create an AltBoot folder, in the root directory. Next, using Notepad or similar utility, create a zero-length file in the AltBoot folder called FORCED_UPGRADE with no extension. Again, this file must reside in the ALTBOOT folder and be named exactly as shown. Finally, copy the latest firmware file (*.dlm) to the ALTBOOT folder.

1. Turn the printer Off.
    2. Insert the prepared USB thumb drive in the USB Port on the printer’s rear panel.
    3. Turn the printer On. The printer reads the USB port and begins the restore process.

1. The splash screen displays the ENERGY STAR logo while the printer reads the thumb drive.
      2. The restore process begins with Check Firmware Version being displayed.
      3. Next, the Software Upgrade screen is displayed. Depending on the system configuration (Trays, Finisher) the process can require approximately 20 minutes. The Software Upgrade screen changes to reflect the current subsystem being restored.
      4. After the firmware update process is complete, the AltBoot Complete screen is displayed instructing you to remove the USB thumb drive and to press 0 (zero)

4. Remove the USB thumb drive from the printer’s USB Port.
    5. Wait for the printer to reboot and return to Ready To Print.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    For flashing the firmware with USB thumb drive you must follow the procedure below:
    The USB thumb drive must have max 8gb. and formated FAT32.
    You must install the firmware with procedure bellow:
    Download and unzip the firmware,
    To prepare the USB thumb drive for an AltBoot restore, create an AltBoot folder, in the root directory. Next, using Notepad or similar utility, create a zero-length file in the AltBoot folder called FORCED_UPGRADE with no extension. Again, this file must reside in the ALTBOOT folder and be named exactly as shown. Finally, copy the latest firmware file (*.dlm) to the ALTBOOT folder.

1. Turn the printer Off.
    2. Insert the prepared USB thumb drive in the USB Port on the printer’s rear panel.
    3. Turn the printer On. The printer reads the USB port and begins the restore process.
      1. The splash screen displays the ENERGY STAR logo while the printer reads the thumb drive.
      2. The restore process begins with Check Firmware Version being displayed.
      3. Next, the Software Upgrade screen is displayed. Depending on the system configuration (Trays, Finisher) the process can require approximately 20 minutes. The Software Upgrade screen changes to reflect the current subsystem being restored.
      4. After the firmware update process is complete, the AltBoot Complete screen is displayed instructing you to remove the USB thumb drive and to press 0 (zero)

4. Remove the USB thumb drive from the printer’s USB Port.
    5. Wait for the printer to reboot and return to Ready To Print.

Thanks for help, but i'm a tech, and i know how to do Altboot or Forced altboot procedure. I make it trought service manual, but i can't understand what is a reason, why it didn't work. I Used thumb drive 4gb, 8gb, 16 gb and all of them are different (transcend, sandisk,kingstone). MFP did not respond all 3 thumbdrives? But the led on thumb drive is blinking... Or maybe that's HDD corrupted, or SD card...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by shurlk View Post
    thanks for help, but i'm a tech, and i know how to do altboot or forced altboot procedure. I make it trought service manual, but i can't understand what is a reason, why it didn't work. I used thumb drive 4gb, 8gb, 16 gb and all of them are different (transcend, sandisk,kingstone). Mfp did not respond all 3 thumbdrives? But the led on thumb drive is blinking... Or maybe that's hdd corrupted, or sd card...
    please try one by one for every componnet on the ess board, remove ram and then p/o , then again remove other componnent, the observe the machines behaviour , you will find the solution then and there, if there is any seven segement display present on the ess board, check if any error no. Or alphabet is displayed , that might directly rectify affected componnent of the ess board.

Before altboot, you need to resolve all the errors regarding boot sequence .

AND PREFER USING 4GB THUMB DRIVE , WHICH WILL TAKE LESS TIME TO READ.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for help, but i'm a tech, and i know how to do Altboot or Forced altboot procedure. I make it trought service manual, but i can't understand what is a reason, why it didn't work. I Used thumb drive 4gb, 8gb, 16 gb and all of them are different (transcend, sandisk,kingstone). MFP did not respond all 3 thumbdrives? But the led on thumb drive is blinking... Or maybe that's HDD corrupted, or SD card...
    If you have done it other times ok, I had noticed this different procedure in detail.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by IGEN93 View Post
    please try one by one for every componnet on the ess board, remove ram and then p/o , then again remove other componnent, the observe the machines behaviour , you will find the solution then and there, if there is any seven segement display present on the ess board, check if any error no. Or alphabet is displayed , that might directly rectify affected componnent of the ess board.

Before altboot, you need to resolve all the errors regarding boot sequence .

AND PREFER USING 4GB THUMB DRIVE , WHICH WILL TAKE LESS TIME TO READ.

Tried to p/o without ram. All leds on ip board are blinking, screen is black and nothing happens.
    Tried to p/o without HDD. All the leds on ip board are lit, green screen, energy star logo, interrupt button is blinking and after 2-3 minutes mfp reboots, and all this happens again and again and again.
    ohhhh
    than I tried to P/O without SD card, the error 117-319 occured, after power off the mfp, i tried to power on the mfp already with sd card in the slot... but it gone dead. Display is black, and leds on ip board always lit on such way: 11011010 and then mfp power off itself.
    Panic...

Technician

Tried to p/o without ram. All leds on ip board are blinking, screen is black and nothing happens.
    Tried to p/o without HDD. All the leds on ip board are lit, green screen, energy star logo, interrupt button is blinking and after 2-3 minutes mfp reboots, and all this happens again and again and again.
    ohhhh
    than I tried to P/O without SD card, the error 117-319 occured, after power off the mfp, i tried to power on the mfp already with sd card in the slot... but it gone dead. Display is black, and leds on ip board always lit on such way: 11011010 and then mfp power off itself.
    Panic...
    please share photo of the ess board with all components attached to it.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

The boot loader status is: SD module initialization done. SD Card or Ram Fault

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

SD card. BT;DT.

GSN Library 16474

HDD Raw and 3655 image file. Re-image the SD card if it is still readable. If not, replace it with a new card.

Technician

Thanks guys, for help. Two weeks ago I find the image of SD card on GSN. I've reimage the Sd card which was in the MFP. And I've got a green screen again. Then I found 500GB Toshiba HDD, and altboot it. And everything goes fine. Thank's for everybody.