Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Xerox 6605DN Toner Cartridge "metered" not working in standard un-metered machine - H

    Hello folks: I have a Xerox 6605DN Xerox Copier that I bought new in 2017 and I need some help with the toner cartridges. I have a new 106R02239 "metered" Yellow toner cartridge that was given to me. When I install this new yellow "metered" cartridge, the screen says INVALID and doesn't work. Both the old and new cartridges look identical and both do fit into the machine but the new "metered" cartridge does NOT work. Can I make this "metered" cartridge work? Also, I did see one other difference between the cartridges. The old (original) yellow cartridge has only one (1) white gear on the LH side but the newer one has three (3) white gears on its LH side. My existing "High Capacity" BLACK cartridge [now in my machine] has three (3) white gears on the LH side and works perfectly now. Any help or clarification here would be much appreciated. Thanks, Lance

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Xerox 6605DN Toner Cartridge "metered" not working in standard un-metered machine

    Metered means it is only for use on machines currently under a Xerox contract.

    It won't work unless you rechip it.

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox 6605DN Toner Cartridge "metered" not working in standard un-metered machine

    Thanks much jhalfhide; I see these chips are sold on eBay at about $5 each. if I put on a new chip, is it then a plug and play replacement? Also, do you happen to know about any differences between the 3 gear vs the 1 gear on the LH side of these cartridges? Thanks, Lance

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox 6605DN Toner Cartridge "metered" not working in standard un-metered machine - H

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,951
    Rep Power
    137

    Re: Xerox 6605DN Toner Cartridge "metered" not working in standard un-metered machine

    Quote Originally Posted by lancer2022 View Post
    Hello folks: I have a Xerox 6605DN Xerox Copier that I bought new in 2017 and I need some help with the toner cartridges. I have a new 106R02239 "metered" Yellow toner cartridge that was given to me. When I install this new yellow "metered" cartridge, the screen says INVALID and doesn't work. Both the old and new cartridges look identical and both do fit into the machine but the new "metered" cartridge does NOT work. Can I make this "metered" cartridge work? Also, I did see one other difference between the cartridges. The old (original) yellow cartridge has only one (1) white gear on the LH side but the newer one has three (3) white gears on its LH side. My existing "High Capacity" BLACK cartridge [now in my machine] has three (3) white gears on the LH side and works perfectly now. Any help or clarification here would be much appreciated. Thanks, Lance

    Yes this is a toner chip issue.

    But can you swap the empty toner chip to your new metered bottle maybe that will work?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Xerox 6605DN Toner Cartridge "metered" not working in standard un-metered machine

    Quote Originally Posted by lancer2022 View Post
    Thanks much jhalfhide; I see these chips are sold on eBay at about $5 each. if I put on a new chip, is it then a plug and play replacement? Also, do you happen to know about any differences between the 3 gear vs the 1 gear on the LH side of these cartridges? Thanks, Lance
    Yes, the chip will solve your problem but make sure you buy the correct (non metered) chip.

  6. #6
    Sr. Service Tech 50+ Posts Murv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    High Ridge, Missouri
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Xerox 6605DN Toner Cartridge "metered" not working in standard un-metered machine

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes this is a toner chip issue.

    But can you swap the empty toner chip to your new metered bottle maybe that will work?

    That will get rid of the invalid cartridge error, but the new cartridge will read empty - or whatever percentage the old cartridge was at. Need to get a new chip. Easy fix. I rechip leftover metered toners all the time.

    MRS

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here