Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox DC252 fault dfe-000 / 127-337

Hi Guys,

I have a Xerox DocuColor 252 that has suddenly developed a terminal fault.

Few days ago, came in to find red error on screen stating error 127-337 please restart. On restart it appears to be taking much longer to boot, around 3/4 into the loading bar is where it seams to hang. It does eventually boot and everything looks ok. Print quality unaffected when it does print.

I can send a job to the printer and it will print no problem for limited time.

The fault appears to return again within the same time period each time and forced to reboot, doesn't matter if it's idle or printing. At a guess I'd say 5 minutes max of being on it will trigger the error then ask to reboot.

When the fault occurs, the Fiery command workstation V5 then reports error DFE-000. I don't know if that's generic for a fault has occurred or specific to the fault as the screen on machine states 127-337

I've done some extensive searching for past few days but can't find anything relating to this issue. Can anyone please advise if possible?

On the workstation it states I'm running DC-260-D0D466 (DC250). If that helps.

What I've tried: (or what little I've tried)

I've removed the back panel of the fiery unit that's bolted to rear of machine to see if anything obvious. All fans are running and clear etc. Digital display at rear of that unit has 00.
    Removed the data cables and made sure no obstructions etc. Everything looks ok, no damaged cables or anything.

Thanks for reading guys, hopefully someone can help. If you require more info please let me know.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

Re: Xerox DC252 fault dfe-000 / 127-337

HDD Write issue

Reload Software, Replace HDD, Replace ESS PWB

Technician
    Xerox DC252 fault dfe-000 / 127-337

Quote Originally Posted by kendod27 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a Xerox DocuColor 252 that has suddenly developed a terminal fault.

Few days ago, came in to find red error on screen stating error 127-337 please restart. On restart it appears to be taking much longer to boot, around 3/4 into the loading bar is where it seams to hang. It does eventually boot and everything looks ok. Print quality unaffected when it does print.

I can send a job to the printer and it will print no problem for limited time.

The fault appears to return again within the same time period each time and forced to reboot, doesn't matter if it's idle or printing. At a guess I'd say 5 minutes max of being on it will trigger the error then ask to reboot.

When the fault occurs, the Fiery command workstation V5 then reports error DFE-000. I don't know if that's generic for a fault has occurred or specific to the fault as the screen on machine states 127-337

I've done some extensive searching for past few days but can't find anything relating to this issue. Can anyone please advise if possible?

On the workstation it states I'm running DC-260-D0D466 (DC250). If that helps.

What I've tried: (or what little I've tried)

I've removed the back panel of the fiery unit that's bolted to rear of machine to see if anything obvious. All fans are running and clear etc. Digital display at rear of that unit has 00.
    Removed the data cables and made sure no obstructions etc. Everything looks ok, no damaged cables or anything.

Thanks for reading guys, hopefully someone can help. If you require more info please let me know.
    generally 127-xxx codes are related with machines and fiery communication , primarily try booting up the machine independently without any fiery attachement , observe the machine, if the machine generates any code related to 127-xxx , it is independently problem related to machines ess board ,specifically(video board).

if no code related to 127-xxx are generated you must check the fiery cable, fiery video board and hard disk for any issues .

i have faced similar issue and the problem was into fiery system software , and the hdd was courupted .

but these codes have multiple reasons and main cause of problem are Fiery cable and video board.

Technician

Use Forced HDD Format, (Power Save + Stop+4) and switch on the machine,wait until it restarts..

Brilliant, thank you for all the information.

I have booted up the machine without fiery connected as advised, no errors.
    So must be related to the fiery or communication between them.

Will try the other suggestions and see how I get on.

Thanks again

Thumbs up Re: Xerox DC252 fault dfe-000 / 127-337

Quote Originally Posted by simple mind View Post
    Use Forced HDD Format, (Power Save + Stop+4) and switch on the machine,wait until it restarts..
    This appears to have resolved the issue. Touch wood! Was it really that simple?

The old girl is back in action! Thank you so much for taking the time to help out.