Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Re: The End of Xerox's ASP program

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    I also have been getting reports on Xerox dropping the ball on service on "ALL" of their machines, not just the low end ones.

We have been getting calls from Barrister asking us to go out and repair their (xerox's) lower end machines for $35.00 a call...lol
    (We keep politely declining)

What is really funny is Barrister asked us why we keep declining?

When we tell them that the $35.00 rate is ridiculous, with gas at $4.00 a gallon. They replied we should take public transportation to save money!!
    Yeah, Barrister keeps calling us, too. Recently they wanted us to do an A3 for 40 bucks. Not sure how an A3 got farmed out to those jokers. I've stopped being polite when I decline.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The End of Xerox's ASP program

I also have been getting reports on Xerox dropping the ball on service on "ALL" of their machines, not just the low end ones.

We have been getting calls from Barrister asking us to go out and repair their (xerox's) lower end machines for $35.00 a call...lol
    (We keep politely declining)

What is really funny is Barrister asked us why we keep declining?

When we tell them that the $35.00 rate is ridiculous, with gas at $4.00 a gallon. They replied we should take public transportation to save money!!
    ... what if the call is a one hour drive round trip and two hours onsite? Does Barristers still only offer $35.00 total compensation?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... what if the call is a one hour drive round trip and two hours onsite? Does Barristers still only offer $35.00 total compensation?

Ohh No, they give you an EXTRA $15.00 for TRAVEL (That has to include any extra time, tolls, and parking !!)

What a Joke...lol

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

Yes. Barrister is the biggest joke in the business, and by joke I mean pathetic, sad, dumbsh*ts out to make a buck. (Weird... My post quoted the wrong post... I must have misclicked.)

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

As of June 1 2021 Xerox is essentially firing all ASP's from doing any warranty or service contract work.

No more "Warranty reimbursement claims"

No more "No Charge for Warranty Parts"

i.e. You sell a Bran New Machine (Versalink C8100) and it has a failure one week after the sale. You can repair it on your own with NO REIMBURSEMENT FOR PARTS OR LABOR FROM XEROX, or just let Xerox handle all repairs and interactions with the customer. You will be left out of the loop.

Xerox is just giving a small discount on the dealerships XPPS total machine count and that has to cover "EVERYTHING" Warranty, Service Contract, Parts, etc..

Xerox will be sub contracting it's work to Compucom, and other sub contractors.

We did the math and unless you have over 2500 XPPS machines the discount would not even pay one techs salary.

We will no longer be a ASP with this plan (25 years...done).

I personally don't see how 95% of the dealers will be able to remain Xerox ASP's with this plan.

I guess HP here we come.
    Lol, moving over to HP from Xerox, that's like getting f in the ass by one big boy and moving over to the next big boy with an even bigger d to f you in the ass with the likes of Instant Ink.

Try a company that actually knows how to manufacture well made products like Konica or Canon.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

" .. . . I also have been getting reports on Xerox dropping the ball on service on "ALL" of their machines, not just the low end ones. . .. "

ROFL

They have been dropping the ball since I hired on with them in 1969.

The went through one stretch, early 70's I remember, when they couldn't get parts for the popular 4000/4500 product. Service was running about a week, with techs working as many hours as we could find customer's with offices open. Xerox referred to it as a " bubble" .
    "
    Heat rollers were EO only. Lamp power supplies failed as you installed them. Xerox was doing a lot of "diversity contracting" . Customers were pushing their machines out of their office into the building corridor. In retrospect, really funny, but remember, the tech was the face of Xerox then. So,, the customers vented on us.

In the meantime,, we were getting dinged for not maintaining our parts inventories pristinely. We were told how many $2 cleaning blades we were allowed to have. This suddenly became a big part of your review, and your raise.

My FSM was a black woman who we used to help endlessly as a team,, it was rare that she could complete a call on her own. They couldn't fire her,, so they promoted her.

I went to one of the schools, can't remember which,, with a Hispanic guy who didn't know how a relay worked (it was all relays back then). Really nice guy. He had no idea what he was doing there.

With all of that,, I still really enjoyed working for the company.
    I just stayed away from the office as much as I could.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Lol, moving over to HP from Xerox, that's like getting f in the ass by one big boy and moving over to the next big boy with an even bigger d to f you in the ass with the likes of Instant Ink.

Try a company that actually knows how to manufacture well made products like Konica or Canon.
    ... try Toshiba. Dealing with HP is like working in quicksand.