Copies and prints too light WC 7232

I have a problem with a Xerox WC 7232, the black copies are too light, fuzzy and illuminated in some parts of the image. It happens only with this particular toner. I have changed the toner and the drum unit, both for a genuine one and cleaned the exposure glass too but this problem has not been solved yet, it goes without saying that I have already tried several settings from the control panel without much success. I've been doing my research and read that it could probably be the developer powder or the developer unit as a whole. If someone could guide me in this regard and if possible confirm the above as a last possibility it would be a great help.

Here are some scans that I did to show what happens, as I reduce the option to reduce / enlarge the black it tends to take a more consistent tone, just from the fifth copy (see picture 3). The first scan is a letter-size paper sheet printed entirely with black toner:

scan 1.jpgscan 2.jpgscan 3.jpg

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Copies and prints too light WC 7232

Re: Copies and prints too light WC 7232

Quote Originally Posted by Jökul Hlaup View Post
    I have a problem with a Xerox WC 7232, the black copies are too light, fuzzy and illuminated in some parts of the image. It happens only with this particular toner. I have changed the toner and the drum unit, both for a genuine one and cleaned the exposure glass too but this problem has not been solved yet, it goes without saying that I have already tried several settings from the control panel without much success. I've been doing my research and read that it could probably be the developer powder or the developer unit as a whole. If someone could guide me in this regard and if possible confirm the above as a last possibility it would be a great help.

Here are some scans that I did to show what happens, as I reduce the option to reduce / enlarge the black it tends to take a more consistent tone, just from the fifth copy (see picture 3). The first scan is a letter-size paper sheet printed entirely with black toner:

scan 1.jpgscan 2.jpgscan 3.jpg

Thanks in advance

replace the dev unit... the crap toner is to blame. I haven't found any 3rd party toner that plays well with xerox machines..

clean out the machine AVOID 3rd party crap toner.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    replace the dev unit... the crap toner is to blame. I haven't found any 3rd party toner that plays well with xerox machines..

clean out the machine AVOID 3rd party crap toner.
    The new toner that I put is og from xerox, I will try replacing the development unit. Thank you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The new toner that I put is og from xerox, I will try replacing the development unit. Thank you

yes, usually first thing in my mind if the image is light copy. It is always the developer.

WC 7232 is like WC7120 model right? so the developer unit is together with drum , and it is called R1.

IIRC there is no developer replacement available for this model, you have to buy 1 whole new drum cartridge. Making this quite costly for digital printing. FOr office purpose printing, it runs great.

good luck

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinchan View Post
    yes, usually first thing in my mind if the image is light copy. It is always the developer.

WC 7232 is like WC7120 model right? so the developer unit is together with drum , and it is called R1.

IIRC there is no developer replacement available for this model, you have to buy 1 whole new drum cartridge. Making this quite costly for digital printing. FOr office purpose printing, it runs great.

good luck
    No. 7120 and 7232 are not the same machines.

Quote Originally Posted by shinchan View Post

good luck
    Yes, it's called R1. However I understand that WC 7232, which is a 2008 model, has a development unit that comes separately from the drum (at least from what I have been able to see in certain provider online stores). In fact, I already replaced the drum. Hopefully someone could confirm this, since I got a doubt about it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    No. 7120 and 7232 are not the same machines.
    yes you're right. Sorry I was thinking of WC7220

Yes, it's called R1. However I understand that WC 7232, which is a 2008 model, has a development unit that comes separately from the drum (at least from what I have been able to see in certain provider online stores). In fact, I already replaced the drum. Hopefully someone could confirm this, since I got a doubt about it.
    if separately. then it is cheaper to replace just the developer.