Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Hello!

    Has anyone encountered this issue before?

    Print quality samples,
    20210504-092847 — ImgBB
    20210504-091727 — ImgBB
    20210504-091736 — ImgBB

    Cleaning Unit looks like this, 20210504-094352 — ImgBB

    The closest sample issue on the manual that I can see is the "Poor Ink Adhesion". Well... close, but the close enough.

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,234
    Rep Power
    376

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Shem View Post
    Hello!

    Has anyone encountered this issue before?

    Print quality samples,
    20210504-092847 ImgBB
    20210504-091727 ImgBB
    20210504-091736 ImgBB

    Cleaning Unit looks like this, 20210504-094352 ImgBB

    The closest sample issue on the manual that I can see is the "Poor Ink Adhesion". Well... close, but the close enough.

    Thank you in advance.

    have you run the cleaning procedure?

    are they using 3rd party ink?

    any other errors in the log?

    what is the copy count on the maintenance unit (what you call cleaning unit)

    have you had the covers off and looked at the wiper assembly

    it looks like to me that the ink melter is clogged or failing

    what media are they using?

    more info needed

    Phil B. " The Dentist "

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    have you run the cleaning procedure?

    are they using 3rd party ink?

    any other errors in the log?

    what is the copy count on the maintenance unit (what you call cleaning unit)

    have you had the covers off and looked at the wiper assembly

    it looks like to me that the ink melter is clogged or failing

    what media are they using?

    more info needed

    Phil B. " The Dentist "


    have you run the cleaning procedure?


    - Yes!


    are they using 3rd party ink?


    - OEM


    any other errors in the log?


    - None


    what is the copy count on the maintenance unit (what you call cleaning unit)


    - no information on this. The only thing I know is that we replaced this lasy year before the pandemic together with the Printhead because of some missing plane on prints. We fixed the issue after that. They're not able to fix the issue for months and this is what's happening now.


    have you had the covers off and looked at the wiper assembly


    - Nope. But I asked one of my friend he said to get the wiper assembly replaced as well. Kinda into replacing it riight now, now that you said it as well.


    it looks like to me that the ink melter is clogged or failing


    - This is what I'm thinking as well. Something with the melter. Is this exactly what you meant? Preheater and Deskew Assembly - 126E02850 or do you have the PN?


    what media are they using?


    Just a regular letter size plain paper

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    It's been a good few years since I've worked on any ColorQube, but I recall seeing some very similar output.

    If I remember correctly, it was a timing issue with the print head or print head tilt.



    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    It's been a good few years since I've worked on any ColorQube, but I recall seeing some very similar output.

    If I remember correctly, it was a timing issue with the print head or print head tilt.



    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

    Thanks for the idea!!

  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    GAINESVILLE
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Probably missing the cleaning blade on the wiper assy

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettdog View Post
    Probably missing the cleaning blade on the wiper assy

    Thank you!

  8. #8
    Sr. Service Tech 50+ Posts Murv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    High Ridge, Missouri
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Looks like a wiper issue to me. If you have a tilt gear or process drive issue you should hear some chattering or clunking.

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox ColorQube 8700 - Print quality issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    Looks like a wiper issue to me. If you have a tilt gear or process drive issue you should hear some chattering or clunking.


    Thank you!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here