Thread: WC-7545

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

WC-7545

this one will not but up and tells you to shut down. I turn the switch off but it doesn't want to shut off, i have to pull the plug to try the resart. it is stuck on the xerox screen. im going to reload firmware first but may need to change out the mcu pwb #960k54857. is there anything that needs to be swapped to the new one if i need to replace the pwb other than the hdd, and is there anything in service mode that needs to be turned on or off. do i need to serialize this pwb? thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: WC-7545

Quote Originally Posted by T911 View Post
    this one will not but up and tells you to shut down. I turn the switch off but it doesn't want to shut off, i have to pull the plug to try the resart. it is stuck on the xerox screen. im going to reload firmware first but may need to change out the mcu pwb #960k54857. is there anything that needs to be swapped to the new one if i need to replace the pwb other than the hdd, and is there anything in service mode that needs to be turned on or off. do i need to serialize this pwb? thanks

I encountered this problem too a few days ago, with my docucentre C4470 (it is the asian version of WC7545).

it just stuck on xerox screen. So I pull the HDD, and it worked normal. Put back the HDD, the problem appeared.

you can try it first. It is easy to take out the HDD.

in my experience with asian version xerox machine, yes you need to serialize the machine if you swap ESS / MCU

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: WC-7545

Quote Originally Posted by shinchan View Post
    I encountered this problem too a few days ago, with my docucentre C4470 (it is the asian version of WC7545).

it just stuck on xerox screen. So I pull the HDD, and it worked normal. Put back the HDD, the problem appeared.

you can try it first. It is easy to take out the HDD.

in my experience with asian version xerox machine, yes you need to serialize the machine if you swap ESS / MCU
    It was fw update