Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xerox Parts

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox Parts

New to Xerox Machines so it hasnt been much of a problem yet but it will.I have looked through Xerox parts manuals and they seem to be missing a lot of part numbers.Example... I had a mylar guide be destroyed in a DADF and the only part they list that has the guides is the whole DADF.What are other techs doing when they run into problems like this?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox Parts

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    New to Xerox Machines so it hasnt been much of a problem yet but it will.I have looked through Xerox parts manuals and they seem to be missing a lot of part numbers.Example... I had a mylar guide be destroyed in a DADF and the only part they list that has the guides is the whole DADF.What are other techs doing when they run into problems like this?

what type of machine?

The Mylar guide located under the DADF?

my temporary fix was by cutting a portion where the paper always hit the plastic mylar guide.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Parts

Best bet for parts that aren't listed, is to show a picture of the whole assembly,
    then highlight the portion of that assembly that you are looking for.

As the saying goes "One picture is worth a thousand words".

Be sure to label the picture you show with Model and Part number of that assembly.

Xerox has many parts not listed in the EDOC's but have been created or spared by "Classic Innovators" these people are
    hired by Xerox to either fix a design flaw with a retrofit, or sometimes to create a part that was never listed.

Search Lite in "Eureka" has most of the "Innovators" special part numbers, and retro fit parts and kits.

Good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Called tech support and was told the part is not available(did send pic ).Call me old fashion but I am just use to being able to order parts that are need to repair the machine instead of the whole unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox Parts

Called tech support and was told the part is not available(did send pic ).Call me old fashion but I am just use to being able to order parts that are need to repair the machine instead of the whole unit.

The entire service end of Xerox is completely ass-backwards. If you're a career Xerox guy then there's nothing to compare it to. For the rest of us it's ridiculous.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Parts

Not at all unusual. Those Mylar guides are attached at the factory using a custom fixture to make sure they are properly aligned. BTW how old is the brand X you are trying to repair? It is very unusual for a Mylar guide to be destroyed other than by years of normal wear.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Parts

Another thing to think about. Equipment manufacturers are required to provide replacement part only for a limited time period. According to the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main Order of 18 February 2019 manufacturers are required continue supplying spare parts for a period of two years after their product goes off the market. That means if it has been more than 2 years since Xerox was selling that model new, they no longer need to supply you with any parts. Lifelong obligation for manufacturers to supply spare parts?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Current model C8130.Other manufactures sell part .You see a lot of empty space when going through the part section of the manual.

It only take a one staple to destroy one Mylar and customers put stapled pages in the Doc feeder all the time .

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Parts

It only take a one staple to destroy one Mylar and customers put stapled pages in the Doc feeder all the time .
    And that would be customer misuse or abuse. Normally it only having to pay for one replacement ADF for whoever pays the bill an end to leaving staples in document to be copied.

Technician

Current model C8130.Other manufactures sell part .You see a lot of empty space when going through the part section of the manual.

AHA! a c8130 its a newer machine and within xerox for over 30 years i notice a NEWER machine always has parts that break that they didnt think would so we have NO part number and usually find some retrofit or work around