Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Feeder compatibility...

Feeder compatibility...

Wondering if someone knows the answer to this...

I bought a used dual oversize MFA feeder. What I actually RECEIVED due to someone who just don't think details really matter much was a _B98_ dual oversize feeder.

My plan was to put this on one of my old-but-reliable 700i's or C570's... They're controllers are dated, but they still make really good paper pumps.

Xerox's "official" line is that for a 700i/C570 the feeder should be an MFA. For the C60/C70/C75 it should be the YA0, and for the J75/D110/D136 it should be a B98. I've pored over parts lists, and there are subtle mechanical differences between them, but it is more about whether the software is willing to talk to it or not.

But of course the real world doesn't always match what Xerox claims. I do know that an MFA crashes a D-series if you try that combination, but that doesn't mean other combinations don't work.

The seller claims the B98 they sent was used with a 570, but I'd prefer to hear it from someone here who is more credible, and has genuine first-hand experience maybe?

InterfaceP, I'm looking at you. haha If anyone knows, I think it'd be you!

Thanks!

K

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Feeder compatibility...

Re: Feeder compatibility...

I'm not sure about the codes, but I've used the 700 feeder on the C60. Not exactly what you needed to know, but still.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Feeder compatibility...

Re: Feeder compatibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    I'm not sure about the codes, but I've used the 700 feeder on the C60. Not exactly what you needed to know, but still.
    It's a similar thing, so that's good to know. Thanks! The C60 feeder is a YA0 and the 700 is an MFA so that fact that it still works is hopeful.