Technician

Xerox C60, confirm no FreeFlow, best UI for Printing and SMart eSolutions persisting.

This are some amateur hour questions, but I've come into a second hand C60 (Product Code E2B), off lease. I am fairly sure, but not positive that is has the most basic (Integrated Color Server), but have not ruled out that it could have FreeFlow or other packages.

I've printed a configuration report, and don't see any indication there either.

How would I verify this?

I did set up and can print from my PC using the "Desktop Print Experience", but it seems pretty basic.

Additionally, I do get the persistent error message on the panel about inability to connect to SMart eSolutions. On the web UI, logged in as admin, when I attempt to disable and apply, I get the error message:

"Your request was not processed.
    Please check the settings for the following items.
    Reason"

Thanks so much in advance, you guys have always been super helpful.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: Xerox C60, confirm no FreeFlow, best UI for Printing and SMart eSolutions persist

Free flow or fiery would be a seperate box/computer. I've yet to see a freeflow on a c60, as they are mostly efi fiery controllers or the embedded controller. It is pretty obvious, so I'm guessing you have the standard embedded controller.

Does it have PostScript, because those machines are basically just office machines unless you add postscript at a bare minimum, or an efi fiery.

Regarding turning off smart esolutions, you need to type a reason for which you are turning it off. It can be anything. I usually just type NULL.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Technician

Re: Xerox C60, confirm no FreeFlow, best UI for Printing and SMart eSolutions persist

Ah! Okay, it looked like it was giving a "null" reason, not asking for one. Took care of that one!

And, no, there's no external print server, so as I assumed, it just just an office machine.

The Smart Start program installed the PCL6 driver and I was able to install.

I was also able to install the PS driver manually, but it seems a little wonky. It continues to recommend PCL6.

To be clear, I'm not doing anything all that advanced, but am doing some advertising collateral that I previously had taught myself how to run on Fiery. It might be overkill to keep messing with it, though, unless I'm really missing anything?

Appreciated.

In the menu, there is a machine configuration section that lists all the options it has. Is Postscript listed?

Usually the smart installer can see if you have PostScript and if so, recommends that driver. I usually deal with C60s that have EFI fiery controllers, but I think now Xerox offer a V4 driver and a V3 driver (that's certainly the case for their newer machines). The V3 is the usual Xerox classic look with all the functions. The V4 is their newer driver, but it does require the installation of Xerox Print Experience from the Microsoft store. Without installing that, you get an incredibly basic version of the driver.

Technician

PS is listed as a PDL, and the Adobe PS3 logo is at the bottom of each of the printed configuration report pages.

I have installed both PS and PCL6 v4 drivers, and I can set the finishing options etc, but I do think some options are lacking. I'll give a v3 driver a whirl.

If all I'm doing is some basic in house advertising and collateral, business cards and the like, do I really stand to gain anything from a Fiery of FF server?

With the embedded controller, you will have limited options. Your control of colour and graphics will be pretty much limited to BW or Colour, as the embedded controller will just do what it can.

Really, anyone doing those sorts of jobs will be running an EFI Fiery. Don't go the FreeFlow route unless you want a Xerox service contract. EFI fiery controllers can be found second hand and without it you may see print job issues and slow processing. No harm in running it as is for a bit and seeing though, but keep an eye out for an EFI fiery for it. You'll need an EX-i C60 fiery or the EX C60 fiery (the i version is the smaller version that does most people fine, the other is like a pro version). You may find the EX version comes with fiery impose, which is great for business cards and leaflets etc