Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox 1000i: 102-310 UI error appearing on PCUI after full restore due to HDD failure

On our Xerox 1000i, the HDD in the PCUI failed. I did a full restore using the disks that came with the printer. Everything restored just fine and seems to be ok but when I start up the Xerox app, it shows an error "102-310 UI error" then closes the program. I can't start the Xerox program so I can't use the printer. After an hour of searching online, I cannot find a single answer as to how to truly solve this error. Xerox's suggestion of just restarting the system doesn't work.
    A few years ago we had a tech come out and he did a full restore on the PCUI using the same disks. I vaguely remember him telling me about this error when he first restored it and that it was due to a mismatch in the printer software and PCUI software. The printer has the latest firmware but the restore disks for the PCUI are original version. I think I remember he said he had to update the PCUI software in order for it to start working but I can't find any updates anywhere either on the PCUI itself or online for the PCUI.
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 1000i: 102-310 UI error appearing on PCUI after full restore due to HDD failure

Re: Xerox 1000i: 102-310 UI error appearing on PCUI after full restore due to HDD fai

I think you have PCUI software for XC1000 and machine software for XC1000i. Also you must have service manual for this printer if you want to selfservice. 102-310 code in your situation mean software mismatch between PCUI and IOT. Send me mail stoadis@gmail to show you a technical bulletin about this error code. Also I think I have new version of PCUI software for XC1000i. An machine configuration report ( even old one ) it would be helpful.