Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C8055 and ITB belt moaning noise.

I Just thought I'd query here because why not. I have a Altalink C8055 in the field that kind of makes a groaning or moaning noise when the ITB belt unit drives. I have isolated as far as I can by taking out all drums, itb cleaner, and cheating the left door open and running the unit in diag mode, when the belt is completely out of the device its quiet when you turn it manually. Any thoughts? ITB drive unit? Belt unit itself? Anything else? It seems to make more noise in colour mode as well but did make the noise with all of the drums out and diag mode component control on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards!
    A.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C8055 and ITB belt moaning noise.

does the sound like rubber noise?
    if so, try replacing the ITB belt.

I've replaced 3 ITB belt because customer complaint of rubber noise. even though the print result still good

Good luck

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    I Just thought I'd query here because why not. I have a Altalink C8055 in the field that kind of makes a groaning or moaning noise when the ITB belt unit drives. I have isolated as far as I can by taking out all drums, itb cleaner, and cheating the left door open and running the unit in diag mode, when the belt is completely out of the device its quiet when you turn it manually. Any thoughts? ITB drive unit? Belt unit itself? Anything else? It seems to make more noise in colour mode as well but did make the noise with all of the drums out and diag mode component control on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards!
    A.
    I am not familiar with Altalink C8055, but on the commercial machines that I have worked on I found that sometimes the ITB cleaning assembly needs to be reset or replaced. You can clean them manually and change the cleaning blade, but sometimes they make horrible noises if the blade isn't seated correctly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinchan View Post
    does the sound like rubber noise?
    if so, try replacing the ITB belt.

I've replaced 3 ITB belt because customer complaint of rubber noise. even though the print result still good

Good luck
    Thanks , it does sound like a rubbing rubber sound and I have acquired a belt to replace to try next.

Regards.
    A.