WC 7132 weird bending on paper

Hi all !
    I have a problem with a Xerox WC 7132, that bend paper just before printing the image on it (see pictures). No codes.

20220110_140011.jpg20220110_135957.jpg

The printing was good before we moved the machine, so i check all the mechanical parts that i have access to, and replaced the fuser in case of. Also checked the geometry of the chassis to see if something get bended during transportation, but all is square and nice.
    The fold happends in all configuration , from tray 1 to 5 , with A4 & A3 , color or B&W. I have located the problem at the registration phase, so i enter service mode and tested various clutches & solenoid, that seem to works well, except for the registration roller #5 on the figure attached below : the clutch #6 seem to work, but the roller do not turn when i simulate a print.
    second image transfert.JPG

From what i understand from the service manual, this is the IBT. When i try to test it in service mode , I should be able to check the registration sensor and the transparency sensor, but the CC[089-100] & [089-101] are not availlable to check in the IO check mode ?!?

registration.JPG

so I'm a little stuck here, and would appreciate any advice or tip how to go on with the troubleshooting.
    Thanks in advance and have a good weekend !
    Last edited by techbiomed; 01-15-2022 at 12:06 AM. Reason: syntax error

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    WC 7132 weird bending on paper

Re: WC 7132 weird bending on paper

Is there any image inside the folded are, hard to see with the picture. But if no image in that fold then it looks like the registration roller may be stalling a moment and the paper folds on itself.

All I have ever seen do this is a problem with the registration clutch or drive of it.

This is an old unit and I have not seen one in years. The registration rollers i believe are on the side when you open the door, they should spin freely when you turn them by hand. Once on a different model in going up some stairs with a stair climber I had a guide plate push up into my rollers then had to readjust that plate.

Either way I think you have to get into the registration clutch and see what is going on and if its a spring clutch clean and lube and make sure spring isnt damaged. If a magnetic substitute it. Although I have not seen one in a while.

Some ideas to look at.

GL

Thanks @40yearsplus ! the paper is not printed in the fold, that's why i supect a registration problem. so far as i have tested, the electromagnetic roller clutch does "click" and when moved by hand, the rollers seems to be connected with the motor gears, but when i test with a print it do not move. So i thought that maybe the sensors are bad or the info do not go to the board.
    Sure this is an old machine, but quite nice to work on it, and i have a lot of time. I'm taking it as a challenge to see if my skills are still there and so far i have fun discovering a new (old) machine

Thanks again !

The iron rods inside the IBT wear out, causing the membrane to slip

Thanks njshenking !
    I will check those iron rods as you suggest.

Have a nice day !