Xerox DC252 bustled fiery will not boot - LCD displays 25

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of guidance on my trusted old Xerox DC252. The bustled fiery has stopped working. It's the X3eTY part number 45057733 connected to rear of machine.

The symptoms are no connection when trying to log in to Fiery Command Workstation. On checking machine at screen, no network connection. Checked Fiery - doesn't appear to have booted correctly.
    Was left the night before in full working order, machine in sleep mode over night, in morning Fiery wont load.

Checked the bustled fiery, LCD is displaying 25 which I know is not correct. When reboot the fiery, it gets to 25 again quickly, then just stays at 25. I'm hoping this number is a good clue but could not find any information relating to the number.
    I assume it does checks while booting and something has failed at step 25? Which might point to the issue?

At moment can only use machine as a photo copier, can not send files to machine as fiery will not load.

I've read loads of different things but a bit stuck on what the actual issue might be.

I've dug out all the software that came with the machine which has caused further confusion for me. There's loads of discs and manuals BUT the main software discs are:
    Disc 1: EFI Fiery X3eTY2 65-55C-KM (confusing part is that a google search of that states this is the wrong software? related to a Konica Minolta)
    Disc 2: System Software 2 Win764.1.1.1.11a/13a part number 45120171
    Disc 3: Same as disc 2 but part number 45120172

I reached out to the company that sold me the machine as fully refurbished around 1 year ago, they are of no use, wont even reply. Note to self, never to buy off them again.

Other books of cd's within the supplied documents include:
    Centreware 6.6 Print & Fax Services
    Workcentre 7655/7665/7675 Quick Network Setup Guide (there are 3 manuals/sets of discs that all relate to workcentre)

So my 2 questions are:
    Can anybody offer any guidance on what might be at fault with the fiery unit displaying 25 on LCD and not booting? Would this indicate hardware or software related?
    Am I missing something here or is my software for the machine the wrong software? (note: The software should have been delivered at time of install but was shipped separate due to them "forgetting" to ship with machine.
    Have they just sent me a random box of software that is of no use with my machine or am I mistaken?

I know it's an old machine guys, it's all I have though. If I've missed out any key info that might help, please let me know.

The machine was delivered around 12 months ago and set up by the delivery driver, so I've no previous knowledge of the system software - though have read a load of manuals etc with guides on how to reinstall.

The only thing I have tried so far, is to disconnect the machine and visually inspect the components inside. Everything appears clean and in good order from what I can see.
    I have tried to connect the machine via cross over cable, to a win7 PC but the fiery does not show on network, etc. I am assuming that the fiery is not booting so can not connect.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, hopefully some kind soul can help get me back up n running

Kind Regards

Kenny

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox DC252 bustled fiery will not boot - LCD displays 25

Code 25 mean copier interface or main board are bad.
    First try to clear bios.
    Then remove copier interface board and power on fiery.

Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    Code 25 mean copier interface or main board are bad.
    First try to clear bios.
    Then remove copier interface board and power on fiery.

Thanks for the information.

Cleared the bios on fiery - still 25
    Removed the interface board from fiery - still 25
    So this means the fiery mother board is bad?

Does it have to be an exact motherboard which is replaced like for like or can any motherboard be used? (just thinking short term solution but that's likely way to easy to be true ahaa)
    Had a quick look online but appears to be none available.

Thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC252 bustled fiery will not boot - LCD displays 25

Quote Originally Posted by kendod27 View Post
    Thanks for the information.

Cleared the bios on fiery - still 25
    Removed the interface board from fiery - still 25
    So this means the fiery mother board is bad?

Thank you
    The procedure says replace the interface board. If error persist then replace the motherboard.
    So you have either bad interface board or motherboard.

Look to buy for another Fiery and these are the system software discs:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    The procedure says replace the interface board. If error persist then replace the motherboard.
    So you have either bad interface board or motherboard.

Look to buy for another Fiery and these are the system software discs:

Thank you for the information. Yes, I wasn't sure if it could still be the interface or not as removing it would still cause a fault of sorts.

I'll now look into sourcing the parts, if possible.

Thank you for sending the images of the discs. Yes, I have defo been given the wrong discs with this machine. So now I also have no software as a backup