Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Altalink C8055 black/white only

I have a customer that wants to use their C8055 as a black/white copier and printer. I know you can set the copy for b/w (but it will do color if you select it). And the print driver can be set to b/w by default (same, can be selected) inside centreware using the browser.

I bought a C8055 that would not make a color copy or print. I don't remember where I enabled it back to color, but it took quite a while to find the setting. Has anyone seen this before?

Is it buried in the centreware/properties/printer/general? I was hoping I wouldn't forget where the setting was!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Altalink C8055 black/white only

Re: Altalink C8055 black/white only

Interesting, this is not a setting I have ever heard of before. Subscribed.

service technician 100+ Posts hnami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    I have a customer that wants to use their C8055 as a black/white copier and printer. I know you can set the copy for b/w (but it will do color if you select it). And the print driver can be set to b/w by default (same, can be selected) inside centreware using the browser.

I bought a C8055 that would not make a color copy or print. I don't remember where I enabled it back to color, but it took quite a while to find the setting. Has anyone seen this before?

Is it buried in the centreware/properties/printer/general? I was hoping I wouldn't forget where the setting was!
    hi
    you need reload firmware with full firmware & DISABLE_DATA_BACKUP & FORCED_UPGRADE files in altboot folder

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hnami View Post
    hi
    you need reload firmware with full firmware & DISABLE_DATA_BACKUP & FORCED_UPGRADE files in altboot folder
    Thanks, but reloading the software will not make the copier print/copy b/w only. Right? She wants to use her C8055 to be a b/w only without letting anyone override the defaults to use color. If I find the location I will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post

thats excactly where to look

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by selig67 View Post
    thats excactly where to look
    I found it! In the browser go to:

copy
    setup
    manage user permissions
    user permission roles
    non-logged in user
    edit