Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WorkCentre 7830

WorkCentre 7830

Hi All

I have the above referenced Xerox MFD (WorkCentre 7830)

I acquired it when I cleared out a store that was previously occupied by a printing company, I have documentation showing that it was owned outright by the printing firm and the firm has since going into voluntary liquidation. I have also contacted the liquidators and they are not interested in the machine..... hence. I now have it. I have also contact, and spoken to the Xerox supply company that initially supplied the device to the printing firm and they are not interested in it as it was owned outright by the printers.

I was originally told that it didn't turn on, but this turns out to by untrue and I believe the person who 'thought' that had not known about the additional power button on the inside of the front panel.

It turned on but would not boot, I did some research and found that latest firmware, tried to install it but it kept failing. I removed the HHD and installed a new/used HDD and successfully installed the Firmware from a USB drive.

All good so far..... I have a part used Cyan toner but no others, I was also provided with a code of some kind from the Xerox supply company which the device was asking for as soon as I connected it to the internet.

The Xerox company that I contacted where keen to sell me a service contract but first I would have to pay for an assessment of the machine before they would agree to cover it... all in all over £500. However, I don't do enough printing to warrant pulling out that kind of money and then entering into a monthly cost.

I have found some Xerox toners available online as a reasonable cost £30-40 each, I am still looking for Drums for each colour too. I believe they are 'Metered' cartridges as I have found part numbers for both 'Sold' and 'metered' along with part numbers for Drum Cartridges Belt cleaner etc etc. I want to know if it would be possible to use these cartridges in my machine or is it going to ask for another code of some kind to allow it (id there a code generator or a firmware that will bypass this requirement)? is it worth getting it back up and running?

The printers that it came from used it for heat transfer printing onto clothing/garments etc, I do the same kind of thing, however on a much smaller scale but would like to grow and utilise this printer/MFD.

Is it worth the hassle? I'm in no hurry but thought I would ask the question

Re: WorkCentre 7830

Due to the lack of response, am I to assume that it’s not worth the effort?