Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Altalink C8055 drums

When replacing the OEM Xerox drum with a rebuilt unit, have you noticed how the units with light green have poor cq? On the market are light green, dark green, blue, and purple drums. Which ones work best?

After replacing the OEM drum with a brand new green unit I made a copy from the glass and it was washed out! I did ProCon On, reset copy quality (tools, troubleshooting, cq), got it looking better. When running a copy of the test pattern through the dadf the the greens were somewhat blue. With the old drum, I didn't have this problem.

The prints looked ok, produced greens fine. It mainly effects copies (platen and dadf). Swapping the drums around moves the problem. Has anyone had this problem? Will blue or purple drums eliminate this problem?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Altalink C8055 drums

Re: Altalink C8055 drums

I have only seen the purple drums over here in Europe. I do remember the 7345 drums used to be blue, and the 7435 drums were green (as were the DocuColor 252 drums), but the newer batches of those are now all purple here as well. Which might indicate they indeed hold up best.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks, that's good to know.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Altalink C8055 drums

The prints looked ok, produced greens fine. It mainly effects copies (platen and dadf). Swapping the drums around moves the problem.

I assume you did the copy and print calibration. I am very curious as to why the implication is that the prints are fine but copies are not.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    The prints looked ok, produced greens fine. It mainly effects copies (platen and dadf). Swapping the drums around moves the problem.

I assume you did the copy and print calibration. I am very curious as to why the implication is that the prints are fine but copies are not.
    Yes that is very interesting why copies not prints are so affected. I have seen this problem on WC71 72 series as well on 71 72 drum and developer coming as a one unit.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Altalink C8055 drums

I am assuming that would be because copies are multiplying your color imbalances. So if your print has slightly too much cyan (something hardly noticeable), and you make a copy, that copy will have quite a bit too much cyan, because it's taking the print with slightly too much cyan and it's adding even more cyan to it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

I did both the copy and print calibration. It did look better after doing that.