Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox 7830 - energy save button not working

Hi,
    we have a 7830 we cannot wake-up from energy save mode.
    When we press Energy Save button nothing happens, the only way I found to wake up it without having to reboot is to connect from a computer or phone to remote control panel because it makes printer to wake-up again.
    We already tried to change LVPS and UI, taking them from a functioning machine but nothing changes. Original UI and LVPS moved to another identical 7830 work perfectly... What else can we check? Already tried to altboot to latest available firmware.

Thank you

Kari

Re: Xerox 7830 - energy save button not working

Quote Originally Posted by karina View Post
    Hi,
    When we press Energy Save button nothing happens, the only way I found to wake up it without having to reboot is to connect from a computer or phone to remote control panel because it makes printer to wake-up again.
    We already tried to change LVPS and UI, taking them from a functioning machine but nothing changes. Original UI and LVPS moved to another identical 7830 work perfectly... What else can we check? Already tried to altboot to latest available firmware.

Thank you

Kari
    I thought I posted a response to this but my post seems to have disappeared?
    I am working on a similar issue on a 7225, but I cant wake it from a computer.
    What does the 7-segment display show before and after you try to wake it?
    Does the heartbeat decimal point blink?

If you can monitor pin 3 of J503 on the Main LVPS for DC voltage when you try to wake it.
    J503 is a very small JST connector (1.5 pitch).

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karina View Post
    Hi,

Thank you

Kari
    I had one of these about a year ago. Same model, same symptoms. Went down the same path as you, as well as changing out CPU fan and HDD + harness. Ended up being the SBC. Not saying that's what your issue is. Just saying that's where mine ended up.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 7830 - energy save button not working

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    I had one of these about a year ago. Same model, same symptoms. Went down the same path as you, as well as changing out CPU fan and HDD + harness. Ended up being the SBC. Not saying that's what your issue is. Just saying that's where mine ended up.
    Before that try to change UI cable.

I would trace the "Sleep mode recovery signal", I think it originates from a 3.3V regulator on on the SBC (main mother board with the hard drive), which gets it power from the 5v standby on the LVPS. So first check the LVPS is putting out 5V standby, which it probably is if your getting leds lit up in sleep mode.
    Then when you instruct the machine to power on you should see pin 44 on J335 go up to 3.3V and follow that 3.3v according to the schematic:
    sleep_mode.jpg

sleep_mode-2.jpg