Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Post Xerox 242 (7655) Drum/Fuser reset

Just had a 242 (7655) delivered and the drum and fuser life is showing low.

The copy quality is great and I was wondering if they could be reset in any way?

Does anyone know the NVM codes or is there another way.

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Read pdf about fuser, and about drum try to change nvm 954-837(Y), 954-838(M), 954-838(C),954-839(K) threshold for rotation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

thanks

Thanks.

I have changed the 744-354/355 settings to the ones specified but cannot seem to get to the dC135 HFSI to change the threshold.

I have found dC135 CRU/HFSI but it wont let me change details.

I dont seem to have adjustments/others in maintainance/diagnostic.

Just out of interest, what does changing the 744-354/355 settings actually do?

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    what i do here is replace the rfid chip to a new one if the condition of drum still good now can get the chip easily in the markets

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondian View Post
    ... Just out of interest, what does changing the 744-354/355 settings actually do?
    nvm 744-354/355 extends the fuser life to a specified value (default is 200/210) and we recommend 490/500.

HFSI 954-842 resets the value of the fuser life

Also, you need to change Nvm 751-448 to 1 (warns and continues) if you want to use your drum continuously even if it says 'replace drum NOW'

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondian View Post
    Thanks.

I have changed the 744-354/355 settings to the ones specified but cannot seem to get to the dC135 HFSI to change the threshold.

I have found dC135 CRU/HFSI but it wont let me change details.

I dont seem to have adjustments/others in maintainance/diagnostic.

Just out of interest, what does changing the 744-354/355 settings actually do?
    I would guess dC135 CRU/HFSI is probably reading the useage chip ("RFID chip") rather than the NVM, that is why you can't change it. If you put in a new chip or reset the chip then it should show a new value.

Incidentally, I don't know why people call it an RFID chip, which usually means an encapsulated proximity device that communicates using radio frequency. Usually it is just a unique ID number, hence the anacronym RFID. But maybe there is another anacronym with the same letters? Or maybe some of the latest machines really do use RFID? Unlikely, I would have thought. The ones I know are simple I2C bus EEPROMs.

modular

Smile Maybe is because of the paper

Hello, I have a 242 also, and the fuser life is short because we are using a lot of heavy paper.
    Good luck with your printer.

End-User

Re: Xerox 242 (7655) Drum/Fuser reset

Quote Originally Posted by TechMate View Post
    nvm 744-354/355 extends the fuser life to a specified value (default is 200/210) and we recommend 490/500.

HFSI 954-842 resets the value of the fuser life

Also, you need to change Nvm 751-448 to 1 (warns and continues) if you want to use your drum continuously even if it says 'replace drum NOW'
    Hi TechMate!

Do you maybe know if the same is possible on xerox 700 and what is the nvm code? Thank you very much. Best regards, David

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox 242 (7655) Drum/Fuser reset

Quote Originally Posted by da1vid View Post
    Hi TechMate!

Do you maybe know if the same is possible on xerox 700 and what is the nvm code? Thank you very much. Best regards, David
    GOOD JOB GRAVE ROBBER! YOU have unearthed an 11 year old dead thread... and your machine isn't even the same model.

NOW go start a NEW THREAD detailing all the issues... what has been done/tried.. all life counts on supplies/PM parts .. errors codes

and you have earned a red card!

End-User

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    GOOD JOB GRAVE ROBBER! YOU have unearthed an 11 year old dead thread... and your machine isn't even the same model.

NOW go start a NEW THREAD detailing all the issues... what has been done/tried.. all life counts on supplies/PM parts .. errors codes

and you have earned a red card!

Hi Phil B.

Sorry for my post. I did not take a look when this was posted, and I think you know how it is when machine is not works and customers are waiting for prints...

Sorry once again. Will open new thread.

Have a great day.

Best regards,
    David