Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOCUCOLOR 12

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ha-ha, that was really well hidden ... right in front of my eyes! Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DOCUCOLOR 12

Quote Originally Posted by hmelo View Post
    Its not a IBT blade!!! The black is the last color that goes into the IBT! You got Black and no CMY!

I think You got a Problem in the IBT Patch.

Check all the IBT Assy?
    It could be IBT Retract clutch. I just to clean it with alcohol, but sometimes you need to replace it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alex4alltimes's Avatar
    Change the developer bias pwb, check the bias plate (behind developer waste container), check the IBT cleaner clutch (dirt clogging). hopefully it will solve your problem

bebop

Re: DOCUCOLOR 12

Hello Awest486

I have exactly the same problem with my DC12 like yours. Some prints look fine, then two or three come away with that absence of CMY in two inches from outer band of paper. I have also observed that when a bad copy comes out, the colors in the "good" part of the image are somewhat lighter that it should be (ex, reds are more orange like).

Please, would you be so kind to tell me how did you solve your problem??

Thank you very much in advance

Bebop

Quote Originally Posted by awest486 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Docucolor 12 and it has started doing something strange. When I print or copy on the unit the prints are coming out with everything printing perfectly except for the last 1 inch of the of the image, it is coming out without all the colors, only the black tonor is used in that part of the image and it is a faint image. The separation of the correctly printed part of the image with all the colors and the 1 inch part of the image that is black and white and faint is abrupt, the image changes from good to bad instantly. When I print in black and white there is no problem, it is only when I print in color that the problem persist and it is no every copy that comes out bad, after every 4 or 5 bad copies a good copy will come out. This problem started 3 weeks ago. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Almost allways that kind of problem is caused by a bad IBT cleaner retract clutch (121K17941), so check this first (or replace if a new one is available).

bebop

Ok. I'll try to replace that cleaner. Is it part of the IBT or is it near it? I ask this because I have an spare IBT assembly. As you can see I'm not an expert in this procedures...

Thanks a lot for your kind advice.

I'll stay connected and will inform about this solution.

awest486

Quote Originally Posted by bebop View Post
    Hello Awest486

I have exactly the same problem with my DC12 like yours. Some prints look fine, then two or three come away with that absence of CMY in two inches from outer band of paper. I have also observed that when a bad copy comes out, the colors in the "good" part of the image are somewhat lighter that it should be (ex, reds are more orange like).

Please, would you be so kind to tell me how did you solve your problem??

Thank you very much in advance

Bebop

I have not fixed it yet. I purchased a new different machine but I still have my Doc 12. Waiting to run into someone in the copier fixing business that can work on it. If you do get yours fixed please let me know what they did.

Andry

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bebop View Post
    Ok. I'll try to replace that cleaner...
    It is not the cleaner that causes the problem but the cleaner retract clutch - a device that rotates the cam shaft that lifts up and down the cleaner blade as the belt rotates. When the image is developed on the photoreceptor drum it is transfered to the IBT belt. That proccess repeates 4 times for each image - one for each of the proccess colors in the order Y M C K. During that time the cleaner blade must stay lifted up so that the image is built up - and that is what the retact clutch does. After transfering the image to the paper the belt needs to be creaned from the debries and the residual image left so the clutch releases the blade and so on. Some time that clutch for wahtever reason releases the blade for a moment, or earlier than it should and the result is seewping part of the image that is allready on the belt (usually at its end). That repeats each cycle so each of the first three colors are deleted during the 2-nd, 3-rd, and 4-th cycle and the black being the last color is transfered untouched. The cleaner clutch can be reached from the rear of the printer but it requres a lot of disassembling, using the guidence of the service manual at least, is highly recomended.

bebop

Hi Kandod. Thank you very much for your quick and precise answer. I'm going to take a careful look to the service manual and I´ll also try to discover if I´m able to do this by myself. Maybe the main problem is to disassemble the machine to access that rear part. I´m starting to think that I best will give a phone call to the official service technician.

Again, thank you very much for your guidance.

Greetings from Spain

Bebop