Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks to everyone that replied.
    The technicians come, replaced the main board and afterwards the error was still showing.
    I pointed them to the suggestions in this forum and told them there is some great information on this site.

Kalindd I too think it was the pins, I made them take out the entire sliding draw and remove the pin and replace it again.

The checked a few other things, but didn't really touch anything else. They put it all back together and you little ripper ... no error.

There was 2 techs that come out to fit the board and try to solve the error. Hopefully they will join the forum and contribute as well

Thanks heaps for your suggestions, they all definately helped!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks to all that responded ... the techs come out and replaced the main board and the error was still there.

Pointed them to the forum, showed them the possible solutions and Kalindd solution with the pin seems to have fixed the problem.

They took out the unit, removed the plug - checked it out and replaced it ... looked over the entire thing, replaced the unit and woot woot woot - no more error.

They packed up their stuff, waited for payment and left with the old board.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Resetting 077-909

I am very curious as to what the charge for the repair was. Ton of time, ton of parts, and it turns out no parts were needed. A tech that has seen this problem before could solve it a few minutes. I would feel like an idiot charging for all the parts and labor that was done here. We all have to eat, but sometimes we loose. If I were the tech, I would have given the customer a billable loaner, brought the thing back to my wizard repair shop, hopefully found the problem after a month's worth of time, brought it back to the customer, and charge the customer for a service call and 1 hour of time. I would loose big time, but the customer would be happy and hopefully tell a few potential - and hopefully new - customers. And I could wake up and look in the mirror knowing that I didn't take advantage of anybody because I - as an expert copier repair technician - didn't rape a customer because I didn't know how to repair it. Just my thoughts ---
    Glenn

Technician
    Resetting 077-909

Thumbs up Re: Resetting 077-909

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I am very curious as to what the charge for the repair was. Ton of time, ton of parts, and it turns out no parts were needed. A tech that has seen this problem before could solve it a few minutes. I would feel like an idiot charging for all the parts and labor that was done here. We all have to eat, but sometimes we loose. If I were the tech, I would have given the customer a billable loaner, brought the thing back to my wizard repair shop, hopefully found the problem after a month's worth of time, brought it back to the customer, and charge the customer for a service call and 1 hour of time. I would loose big time, but the customer would be happy and hopefully tell a few potential - and hopefully new - customers. And I could wake up and look in the mirror knowing that I didn't take advantage of anybody because I - as an expert copier repair technician - didn't rape a customer because I didn't know how to repair it. Just my thoughts ---
    Glenn
    I agree with Glenn, I have same error with 550, which prints in black and white mode but gives same error 077-909 , when copy command is given in color mode .
    I would like to have any suggestions if anyone has faced this problem before .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Resetting 077-909

Re: Resetting 077-909

Quote Originally Posted by IGEN93 View Post
    I agree with Glenn, I have same error with 550, which prints in black and white mode but gives same error 077-909 , when copy command is given in color mode .
    I would like to have any suggestions if anyone has faced this problem before .
    10 year dead thread. please start your own new thread.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by CT Copier Repair View Post
    ok sounds like a hose job to me

RAP 077-909
    IOT semsors detected paper when machine powered on or interlock closed
    if they replaced the sensor and it did not go away then an NVM chain link needs to be reset
    or the interlock(s) have a problem
    did you try a hard power cycle
    turn it off and unplug it
    wait 3 minutes and restart the machine

I'll fly to australia for what they are going to charge you
    16 hours at 145 an hour

how to reset NVM chain link

Technician
    Resetting 077-909

please follow the nvm list with machine .

enter all the nvm chain link with the default values listed in the list .
    to enter the values , you need to login into diagnostics mode of the machine ,

press and hold zero button for 10 seconds and press start button on the machines UI .
    enter password 6789
    scroll to tools > maitainance and diagnostics > nvm read write> enter the chain link .

especially the ohp sensor nvm value77-909 and_or 24-934.pdf xerox 550.pdf

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

well after reading all an previous post I recommend you take out the whole drawer out and check the drawer and frame rear contacts , may you have an open circuit by damage and when you close the drawer do not make a good one , in my time working with those family found even pieces of paper breaking up the circuit ,also check if one of them broken these new family some are recycle from the previous ones.

Hope it's help

Wiwa 72

Gonzos build v 1.0