Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Resetting 077-909

We have a Xerox 5065II which I believe is the Australian version of the DC250.

For over a week now we have been paying technicians to clear an error, 077-909.

The error started when a sheet of 60gsm paper was stuck in the input 2A. The paper was removed and the error reset ... this happened 3 times but on the 3rd time the error could not reset.

Called in the technicians ... $600 later, they are now ordering the big main board in the back of the machine ... $1500 (plus labour). They have replaced the sensors, removed everything and checked in another machine.

They say they cannot gaurantee they can clear the error, but the next step is to pull the machine apart at a rate of $145 per hour, but may take upto 16 hours. All parts and accessories on top of this rate.

This is what has been done to date:

1) Sensors removed and replaced. The sensor that was removed replaced the next sensor, check error and proceed to the next sensor.
    2) Fuser replaced with a different fuser
    3) Exit module replaced
    4) Initialised the NVM - I/O, etc

any advice would be helpful, we have had nearly 2 weeks downtime and still no resolve.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    ok sounds like a hose job to me

RAP 077-909
    IOT semsors detected paper when machine powered on or interlock closed
    if they replaced the sensor and it did not go away then an NVM chain link needs to be reset
    or the interlock(s) have a problem
    did you try a hard power cycle
    turn it off and unplug it
    wait 3 minutes and restart the machine

I'll fly to australia for what they are going to charge you
    16 hours at 145 an hour

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    another thought
    did the paper size get changed by any means
    if so it can lock the machine up confirm that the paper size and tray that caused the initial jam is set the same

just a flukey xerox thing

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The paper size was printed as custom paper size 225mm wide x 305mm high from the bi-pass tray 5. Around 900 sheets ran through until this error occurred.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    They did reset a few NVM, but I could try to NVM chain link needs to be reset if you told me.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    1 - Enter UI diagnostics and go to NVM read/write (DC131).
    2 - Read chain link 742-065. The value of this location is the chain link code for the sensor that the system last detected actuated.
    3 - Using the attached diagram check the sensor indicated. An example would be: 742-065=94202 (94-202). The attached diagram shows this as the Post 2nd Btr sensor.
    4 - Using component control check the sensor indicated.
    5 - Replace the faulty sensor.

Second is to check the pin shown on pin.jpg. You want it to be shorten. Take it off and reform it like it is shown on the pic.
    Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for this information, it is really usefull.

The current value of 742-065 is 77108, which indicates sensor 2.

I changed it to 94202 which bought up the options Scan, Network, Copy, & Web but could not print due to an error. After rebooting the NVM returned to 77108.

The technicians already replaced this sensor, in fact they took out that complete module and switched it with a module from another machine. The error remained.

They have ordered the main board ... the big one at the back of the machine, but doesn't seem to be one for the 5065II in the country. They have 1 from a 5065, which looks identical, but has different numbers printed all over the board.

They say they have tried all avenues which leads to them believing the board is failing.

I will have them check out the pins before they replace the board.

I did try to remove the plug, they seem pretty fragile and I could not remove it ... there must be a trick to removing the plug.

They have told me that their next step if the board does not work is to individually check the wiring in the machine ... 1 at a time.

Thanks for the information ... I am very grateful for any information that may solve this problem as I have some pretty annoyed customers constantly phoning me.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    You should not change 742-065 it is only for information.
    Anyway, I bet the pins are your problem. It's not that hard to take it out.
    You can cut the two wires and connect them directly to each other, if you want to.
    I had this exact problem in the past. The service guys before me have changed every possible pwb in the machine and finally the problem was this pin.
    Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Well go back to the basis just in case check the drawer plug and the one inside the machine some times get dirty by toner dumped from a full transfer assy. some times a piece of paper prevent good contact by the way clean it carefully and add some deoxite to enhance condutivity.

Hope this help,

WIWA 72
    GONZALOS BUILD V,1.0

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I think your problem is the female connector that the tray with the fuser goes into
    Take the whole tray out and check male and female connector
    The tray with the fuser in it and all the other components
    The connector is in the back towards middle
    Black color