Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    EB-FC

Question Xerox 510 close the cutter drawer ERROR

Hello,

I hope someone can help me please.
    I have a "Close the cutter drawer" message on a Xerox Wide Format 510DP and the drawer is closed.
    I can not find the sensor. I have identified magnetic and mechanical switches on other drawers, but not in the cutter's.
    So:
    1) Where is the sensor?
    2) If anyone has come across this message before, is it likely to be the sensor? or the electronics? or software?

Thank you

EB

pedey

Re: Xerox 510 close the cutter drawer ERROR

Exact same error - exact same day. Weird.

Mine includes the following code on the LCD:

LL-30 READY TO PRINT
    INSERT CUT SHEET MEDIA

I haven't found anything yet on that code, but have never seen it before. Manual has generic reference to any code starting with 'LL-' to "Switch the printer off. Wait several seconds. Then switch printer on." Thanks. That kinda covers everything, doesn't it? I've tried putting paper in the manual feed thinking that's what it's looking for, but that hasn't resolved anything. I've shutdown the printer and controller - completely, even unplugged them for a while too - and started back up in the order outlined in the manual, and that hasn't done anything.

Getting annoyed. I'll update here if I come across anything helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by EB-FC View Post
    Hello,

I hope someone can help me please.
    I have a "Close the cutter drawer" message on a Xerox Wide Format 510DP and the drawer is closed.
    I can not find the sensor. I have identified magnetic and mechanical switches on other drawers, but not in the cutter's.
    So:
    1) Where is the sensor?
    2) If anyone has come across this message before, is it likely to be the sensor? or the electronics? or software?

Thank you

EB

pedey

Check the fly-wheel(s) that run the drive belt for the cutter. My problem originated with the smaller wheel that's attached to shaft of the motor, having: 1) lost it's retainer clip, 2) then worked itself down/off the shaft enough to where the hub, which is made of some junky plastic/carbon, was stressed enough to then be sheared through (this is the best way I can try to explain it), and 3) which then didn't allow for the machine to go through it's standard "routine" or pre-check process prior to starting a print job, which evidently simply causes the machine to assume that the door is open or something. Anyway, now I'm off to try to find a new flywheel.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Xerox 510 close the cutter drawer ERROR

Quote Originally Posted by pedey View Post
    Exact same error - exact same day. Weird.

Mine includes the following code on the LCD:

LL-30 READY TO PRINT
    INSERT CUT SHEET MEDIA

I haven't found anything yet on that code, but have never seen it before. Manual has generic reference to any code starting with 'LL-' to "Switch the printer off. Wait several seconds. Then switch printer on." Thanks. That kinda covers everything, doesn't it? I've tried putting paper in the manual feed thinking that's what it's looking for, but that hasn't resolved anything. I've shutdown the printer and controller - completely, even unplugged them for a while too - and started back up in the order outlined in the manual, and that hasn't done anything.

Getting annoyed. I'll update here if I come across anything helpful.

Hi

Can you tell me how or if you resolved this as I have this with a machine now!

Thank you !