Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Xerox PWS

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The crack for PWS

What i need is the PWS software for the 232, 238, 245, 255, 265, 275, 165, 175, 7132, 7228, 7xxx, 4110, 240, 250, 7655, 7665, 7675 and the nuveru 120

In return i can give you software to run the pws tools on any laptop you want.

Kind regards,

Artphil

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copy smart View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a DocuColor 3535 (I think it is a WorkCentre M24 in the USA) and have noticed that the print speed is different to the one in Australia. The Australian one does 35 prints per minute in color & Black/white. Doeas any one know what NVM' need changing to upgrade any of these and other Xerox color machines. I would love to get a DocuColor C240 for instance to perform the same as DocuColor C250. I would appreciate the help.

Regards
    George
    Copysmart
    hi. I think you don't really need to tweak these machines to come close to a faster speed desired. first of all, its a Document Centre C240 and a Document Centre C250 - these are office colour machines and you can't really compare it with a DocuColor 3535 graphic arts (GA) machine (though it has similar structure and engine)- . GA machines use rips and this will slow down the speed of the machine. NVMs are not supposed to be changed unless it's necessary depending on the requirement in order to maximise the life and performance of the machine.

If you have problems involving copyright, ask for help when passing your email that is easier to help him.

lasertech
    Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    @Veedle:
    Yes, I understand what you mean because I also know people who "modified" their copier to death. But they've almost all played with settings they don't fully understand.

First thing to do for me when I've got a technical problem is to call Xerox, of course. I've got a (paid) service level agreement with them and they usually react within 48h.

My problem is that I'd want to do those minor modifications, like folding adjustments and image shifting on my own in case I have an overnight job to print

Some technicians will come around very quickly and do these kind of modifications but there are also some guys who start telling me about "mechanical tolerance" and deny opening a support call for this.

If it's possible to get a copy of this Xerox suite without any embedded information about the official owner (like serial numbers or customer name; in order to avoid compromising him) I would really like to try if I can make it working without those dongles or GSNs.

Even if there's virtually no way to make it
    It is not possible to get a Xerox PWS if you are not someone authorized by the company. None of the documentation works unless the machine has a password verified by the Xerox network. Only employees and authorized agents have such access.

Quote Originally Posted by lasertech View Post
    It is not possible to get a Xerox PWS if you are not someone authorized by the company. None of the documentation works unless the machine has a password verified by the Xerox network. Only employees and authorized agents have such access.
    I disagree with you. everything is as possible

Quote Originally Posted by hmelo View Post
    I think I can help U.
    Não entendi sua resposta.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Has anyone downloaded any of this software via a bittorrent? Just curious.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Xerox PWS

Unhappy

The only thing I've found a few months ago was the USB driver Windows asks for when you connect your laptop to one of those PWS aware copiers.

Unfortunately, the driver only creates a properitary interface (no COM port or something like this). Useless without the PWS application :-(

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

PWS Availability

Why not just buy a turnkey PWS with everything you need on it? Ready to go -out of the box? Latest EDOCs, Latest SNAPs, Latest diagnostic tools? Serial cable and USB converter.

These are service tools, an investment, the $1500 price is fair, and you're not left banging your head against the wall.

It's possible to crack anything, but AFTER you've bought an image, a crack, and the 4 CD's (which are 6 or 7 years old and don't have any of the newer products on them -much less the diagnostic tools you need); spent hours porting the image to your laptop, you still don't you have the up to date EDOCs, SNAPs and diagnostic tools you need to do the job!!
    Sure, you've got a PWS but it has no functional value.

EDOCs and SNAPs are updated continuously, especially on the newer products. Older diagnostic tools don't work with the newer IOT software. SNAPs don't load if the PWS software is not up to date.

The PWS is a living organism that has to be constantly nourished.

This is an investment in your business, why not buy the best? Especially when it's a lot less than going the other route. The $1500 investment can often be paid back in one call.

Email me directly for more information

JorgeXcalak@live.com

tweaker35
    Quote Originally Posted by vmx12 View Post
    Has anyone downloaded any of this software via a bittorrent? Just curious.
    I've wondered about the bittorrents too. Just seemed kinda shaky that every one I found said that what I wanted was posted "Today", so I held off.