Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Xerox PWS

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Yes, it's a sad thing that the PWS software is not available commercially. It's a copyright thing. I had seen how a crack copy runs but nothing compares to the original/ genuine disk. It may survive a few usage but it will lockup or runs very slow.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Xerox PWS

That wouldn't be a great problem for me. Even if there's no crack available I would try to "fix that" on my own.

I have it all - HA HA HA.
    No, seriously, I would love to give you all a copy, but the new EDOCs have to be setup on the correct level of frame work software and you have to have a GSN lock as well. Complete pain to update and virtually impossible to crack - without GSN lock.

oxident - please be careful about modifying your machine - I have seen what happens. You are best off getting friendly with your tech and trying to get their help - or post on this site (or others) for help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

PWS, EDOC & Diagnostic Tool Availability

Please email me directly, I believe I can help you

JorgeXcalak@live.com

Regards,

Jorge

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Xerox PWS

@Veedle:
    Yes, I understand what you mean because I also know people who "modified" their copier to death. But they've almost all played with settings they don't fully understand.

First thing to do for me when I've got a technical problem is to call Xerox, of course. I've got a (paid) service level agreement with them and they usually react within 48h.

My problem is that I'd want to do those minor modifications, like folding adjustments and image shifting on my own in case I have an overnight job to print

Some technicians will come around very quickly and do these kind of modifications but there are also some guys who start telling me about "mechanical tolerance" and deny opening a support call for this.

If it's possible to get a copy of this Xerox suite without any embedded information about the official owner (like serial numbers or customer name; in order to avoid compromising him) I would really like to try if I can make it working without those dongles or GSNs.

Even if there's virtually no way to make it

Hi oxident,
    What machine do you have, as most of the new machines are all able to do diagnostic adjustments through the UI. I hardly ever use the PWS to fix machines - only to reset HFSI on some machines, and some of the more tedious procedures...
    Fortunately I only work on colour boxes now, so no info on B/W.
    Try and get the tech to show you how to make the adjustments - they shouldn't mind doing this as it will save them a call - as long as they trust your mechanical skills .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Xerox PWS

Veedle, I've got a DocuColor 250 and a (b/w) 4110 and I do know how to enter service mode on those machines.

Unfortunately no one ever wanted to give me some kind of "NVM Chain-Link" reference for these machines so I don't really know which kind of adjustments I am able to fix on my own.

The problem is that most of my technicians don't work directly for Xerox as Xerox outsourced these work to external companies and so they are paid "per incident" (by Xerox). I've already tried to ask them those questions but they keep telling me that "they are not authorized to give me these information"

Hey oxident,
    For the 250, any registration problems can be taken care of with the tray alignment feature in command workstation. Don't forget about your paper shrinkage od duplex and adjust your artwork accordingly.
    For booklets, if the fold/staple is not in the right position get your tech to sort it out - but make sure that they adjust every booklet/staple position as depending on the job the adjustment varies (number /size of sheets etc.) Skew can be sorted out at the bottom of the folder unit - but be careful as it puts the fold position out.
    For the 4110 - (based on the DC12 I think)- rego should be adjusted for every tray and paper weight.
    Don't know about folding etc...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

PWS Laptop w/DocuColor, DocuTech, DocuPrint

Why not just purchase a PWS with all the necessary EDOCs and SNAPs and make life easy . . . ?

Hyper-Linked Documentation, Service Bulletins, Tech Tips to answer those quirky problems, FULL Diagnostic Access to your machine, updated parts lists . . .

It's a service tool that every tech who services Xerox should have. Pays for itself in increased efficiency the first month . . .

Email me:

JorgeXcalak@live.com

NVM change

Hi Guys,

I have a DocuColor 3535 (I think it is a WorkCentre M24 in the USA) and have noticed that the print speed is different to the one in Australia. The Australian one does 35 prints per minute in color & Black/white. Doeas any one know what NVM' need changing to upgrade any of these and other Xerox color machines. I would love to get a DocuColor C240 for instance to perform the same as DocuColor C250. I would appreciate the help.

Regards
    George
    Copysmart