Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts walidcharifi's Avatar

Re: Xerox 510 AccXES Controller

Quote Originally Posted by technogeek2009 View Post
    Sorry, I just noticed your location. You are correct about shipping time. The files are too large to include here. Drop me an email, I will upload to Drop Box what you need. cbyrne@goevergreen.net
    hi
    ihave a problem with hdd of controller HFT 510dp
    i need software
    things
    walidtirage@yahoo.com

Jesgrew

I have the same wide format system, with a different problem: Same error code.
    Our hard drive died, so we replaced the old Dell controller with a Dell 790.
    We installed windows 7 64 bit and replaced the SCSI card with an Adaptec 29160N card.
    The old card would not work in Windows 7.
    The problem we are having is that the SCSI card does not see the printer.

Does anyone have an idea of what settings on the card need to be changed?
    Or do we need to get a VHDCI SCSI card?

Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesgrew View Post
    I have the same wide format system, with a different problem: Same error code.
    Our hard drive died, so we replaced the old Dell controller with a Dell 790.
    We installed windows 7 64 bit and replaced the SCSI card with an Adaptec 29160N card.
    The old card would not work in Windows 7.
    The problem we are having is that the SCSI card does not see the printer.

Does anyone have an idea of what settings on the card need to be changed?
    Or do we need to get a VHDCI SCSI card?

Thanks!
    Emmm... Did you installed win7 on the controller? If so how do you expect your 510 to work with Win7 controller? Because Xerox uses Accxes controllers with OS based on Fedora core and I never heard of 510 controlled by something different.

Jesgrew

Quote Originally Posted by Corder View Post
    Emmm... Did you installed win7 on the controller? If so how do you expect your 510 to work with Win7 controller? Because Xerox uses Accxes controllers with OS based on Fedora core and I never heard of 510 controlled by something different.
    Well, as I wrote, the 510 had a Dell Optiplex 520 as a controller. So never knowing what OS was installed, we figured the Dell Optiplex 790 would work. SCSI is SCSI, so we figured a newer card would work. Problem is, OS beside the point, if the card can't communicate with the printer, the OS boots after the card., you are dead in the water. That being the case, if there are settings that need to be set so that the printer can connect with the card, what are they? Yes! Great hardware, worked for years, till the HD died. End of the day, if you know what SCSI settings will make this work, post em.
    The hardware is fundamentally unchanged, and works, Ricoh/Kip/Oce among others sell the same LED system, but this Xerox 510 has issues.
    If any body has this system, working in a Win 7 environment, please let me know how you got it going!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well, as I wrote, the 510 had a Dell Optiplex 520 as a controller. So never knowing what OS was installed, we figured the Dell Optiplex 790 would work. SCSI is SCSI, so we figured a newer card would work. Problem is, OS beside the point, if the card can't communicate with the printer, the OS boots after the card., you are dead in the water. That being the case, if there are settings that need to be set so that the printer can connect with the card, what are they? Yes! Great hardware, worked for years, till the HD died. End of the day, if you know what SCSI settings will make this work, post em.
    The hardware is fundamentally unchanged, and works, Ricoh/Kip/Oce among others sell the same LED system, but this Xerox 510 has issues.
    If any body has this system, working in a Win 7 environment, please let me know how you got it going!
    My dear friend, if I was you, I'd be worrying about where to get Accxes CD for my 510, new scsi you can buy at any time but it'll never come in handy without Accxes preinstalled controller.
    And by the way, how you determined that your scsi card isn't working with the printer?

Jesgrew

Quote Originally Posted by Corder View Post
    My dear friend, if I was you, I'd be worrying about where to get Accxes CD for my 510, new scsi you can buy at any time but it'll never come in handy without Accxes preinstalled controller.
    And by the way, how you determined that your scsi card isn't working with the printer?
    Adaptec SCSI cards have a SCSI utility that scans the bus for devices.There are default settings for each of the 15 channels that can be changed as well, so far, that utility finds nothing.
    When disconnected from the printer, Xerox 510, the card scans all 15 possible links. then boots the OS.
    Yes, the 29160n card has windows 7 drivers installed.
    When connected to the 510, it stalls, finds nothing, then boots the OS.
    Xerox does offer all controller software for this system for Win 7.
    But, again, that stuff will only work IF the device can communicate via their VHDCI cable.
    So the problem, stumbling block, is communication, not software.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Adaptec SCSI cards have a SCSI utility that scans the bus for devices.There are default settings for each of the 15 channels that can be changed as well, so far, that utility finds nothing.
    When disconnected from the printer, Xerox 510, the card scans all 15 possible links. then boots the OS.
    Yes, the 29160n card has windows 7 drivers installed.
    When connected to the 510, it stalls, finds nothing, then boots the OS.
    Xerox does offer all controller software for this system for Win 7.
    But, again, that stuff will only work IF the device can communicate via their VHDCI cable.
    So the problem, stumbling block, is communication, not software.
    Ok, I wish you good luck with your Win7 controller.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox 510 AccXES Controller

A few points here:
    The interface card: None of the Xerox wide format systems except the old 8830's uses a SCSI card. Instead, the interface card is a proprietary one designed by Xerox. Neither the controller or this card will function without using Xerox's proprietary OS.
    Controller OS: All of the Xerox wide format controllers run on a proprietary OS designed by Xerox. While some versions are Lynx based, you can not use an off the shelf version of Lynx. The OS is loaded using a special installation disk normally only made available to authorized technicians. There are different versions of OS depending upon both the model of printer as well as the model of controller.
    Hard Drive Recovery: You have to use a Xerox supplied recovery CD in order to reformat the hard drive on any of the wide format controllers. There is also a special procedure used for the recovery process. Once the hard drive is reformatted, the firmware for the particular model printer needs to be installed. Finally, the feature keys that enable functionality of the controller and certain features like PostScript need to be reinstalled. All of these steps have to be performed in a prescribed manner. All of these steps are described in the AccXES controller manual.
    Recovery Kit: We can supply a kit of install CD, and instructions to perform a hard drive recovery for any model Xerox wide format printer / controller. orders@goevergreen.net

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox 510 AccXES Controller

You will need an RS-232 connection to a PC, null modem, and gender changer for the serial connector. We can sell you the kit of instructions and installation CD. Email: orders@goevergreen.net

Hi,
    I have Xerox 510 DP with AccXes Controller serial number starting: PUN xxxx
    Error E7.01. Seems that HDD gone bad. So I'm looking for software to reload controller.