Canon iR Adv 4025i Jam 0107

hi all,

Has anyone come across this issue. I have a Canon iR Adv4025i that jams only when duplexing.

I have replaced the pressure roller to no effect, i found a service bulletin (F1-T01-N14-10018-02)
    It mentions this jam occurs due to damp paper curling when being fused and thus curling into the delivery rollers as opposed to onto the rollers.
    Also it recommends to turn the fuser temp down to minimize the curl.

I have since tried turning down the temp as well as using a fresh ream of paper and still get the same issue, 8 out of 10 copies will jam.

I have attached two pics, the first of a single sided copy which is perfect and the second of a duplex jam to illustrate the difference in delivery of the two.

any ideas will be very welcome.....thanks as always guys....

single sided copies.jpg
    duplex jam.jpg
    SAZ911..........

Re: Canon iR Adv 4025i Jam 0107

Hi all,

F.Y.I.....so i have found a fix for the above problem, duplex jam on and iRadv4025i.

There is a guide that is attached to the fixing assy (fm4-7901) that has been changed, there is no mention from Canon regarding the update. i got a new fuser assy, and straight off i noticed that the guide is wider and thus stops the duplex copies from curling under the delivery roller, as opposed to the original guide which was too narrow and allowed the paper to curl away under the delivery roller.

please see below pic illustrating the difference between the new and old guides.
    SAZ911..........

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon iR Adv 4025i Jam 0107

Thanks for sharing Saz!
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    Hi all,

F.Y.I.....so i have found a fix for the above problem, duplex jam on and iRadv4025i.

There is a guide that is attached to the fixing assy (fm4-7901) that has been changed, there is no mention from Canon regarding the update. i got a new fuser assy, and straight off i noticed that the guide is wider and thus stops the duplex copies from curling under the delivery roller, as opposed to the original guide which was too narrow and allowed the paper to curl away under the delivery roller.

please see below pic illustrating the difference between the new and old guides.