Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    pulsedata

i'm desperate: gr3750 vs sc7500

hello there:
    i'm having big troubles trying to interface my gr3750 with the sc7500 rip
    any suggestion is welcome, both for xp and macosx platform
    till now the best thing i could produce was a double error print out (windows xp: the system sees the rip, everything looks ok, then when i launch a print everything freezes and in a couple minutes it just says that a print error occurred)
    this at least should imply we can work it out (please say yes!)
    thanks so much in advance
    S.

edit: already parsed the forum about this, risomat's and lqreport's threads didn't help, unfortunetly

Technician

Re: i'm desperate: gr3750 vs sc7500

My understanding was that the SC7500 was not mac compatible -- but that may be incorrect.

I have a GR3750 and a SC7700 linked through an ethernet cord with Apple Talk turned on on the ethernet port. I have had strange print issues using a parallel to USB cord in the past. I have also had issues printing from Preview (rather than Acrobat). Generally through Acrobat it works well though. No luck getting things loaded on Windows.

Does the GR go into "interface mode" with the machine and RIP turned on? Does the RIP show up in os x?

pulsedata

Actually it's me the one who has to turn on the interface mode on the Riso panel.
    and no, on the ethernet approach the RIP doesn't show up in the OSX
    I configured a printer through giving the IP address shown on the ethernet connection tab (and yes appletalk is on)
    maybe i'm giving the wrong address, how did you find out?
    S.

PS: in this configuration i also assigned the proper driver (sc7500gr/ifp 400 dpi) to the printer, but when a launch the printing process, the printer goes in pause mode, even when i restart

thanks
    S.

pulsedata

ok, any hint on how to find out sc7500's IP address under macosx is more than welcome
    thanks
    S.

Technician

Hmm.. My guess is that its not compatible with os x. On my machine, it shows up right after you add the driver and assign apple talk to the ethernet port. Also, my machine will go into interface mode the moment the SC7700 boots up.

Hopefully that helps..

Technician

I recently got my SC7500 to connect to my gr3750 flawlessly. the key is to make sure you're running an OS no later than Leopard (it's the last one that supports AppleTalk), place the ppd file in the appropriate place, and voila, it should work like magic. Let me know if you need to know more details and I can walk you through it.

-john

Hello . I know this may not be the best place to post but i really need help connecting the Riso gr3770 37 pin to SC7700. So i dont have a cable and i wish to make one, the 36 pin plug that goes to the SC7700 is is easy to find and i will wire it directly to the 37 pins in the Riso but i need wiring diagram for those pins. If anybody has such a cable could you please test it and let me know how the pins in the cable are connected?. thank you so very much for any help

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blagodaria View Post
    Hello . I know this may not be the best place to post but i really need help connecting the Riso gr3770 37 pin to SC7700. So i dont have a cable and i wish to make one, the 36 pin plug that goes to the SC7700 is is easy to find and i will wire it directly to the 37 pins in the Riso but i need wiring diagram for those pins. If anybody has such a cable could you please test it and let me know how the pins in the cable are connected?. thank you so very much for any help
    Start a new thread for your question. Posting on a bunch of old threads that have nothing to do with your question only irritates the rest of us, and because of that you are unlikely to get any help right now.