we have fitted a new MFP board to a C253 placed the flash card with latest firmware in machine but nothing happens just a black screen with the blue and orange lights on. Now i have tested the flash card on another 253 which worked no probs.
I have also tried using the C253 NVRAM recovery tool but i still get the same black screen. Am i missing something here or is the board just dead.
Make sure dip switch 600 on the new MFP board is turned to on that will cause the same problem and are you absolutely positive that you are waiting long enough for the firmware upgrade screen to appear? I've had these machines sit there for almost a minute with a black screen waiting for the upgrade screen to appear which is normal according to KM.............. It sounds like you have another C253 that you can test with, take the NVram off the good one and put it on the problem machine and see if your problem is fixed. If not try this.
CAUSE: Possible corrupted or damaged NVRAM.
SOLUTION: Perform “NVRAM Initialize” with NVRAM recovery card or replace the NVRAM.
Note: In case of the other issues than those mentioned:
Do “Data Clear” in system1 => Initialization of Service mode
Do “NVRAM Initialize” with NVRAM recovery card
If problem is not solved although above measurements have been applied, the NVRAM will need to be replaced.
How to use NVRAM recovery card
1. Create the card in same manner as making a normal firmware card. CAUTION: Never format the CF card on color machines. Write the data to the existing info using the Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006 or Cygwin™. Please install the special firmware: bizhub C450/C351: 20070301_4037-F000-GCN-G4-000(00), Checksum: 29F9.EXE bizhub C250/C252: 20070301_4038-F000-GCN-G4-000(00), Checksum: 16E6.EXE bizhub C352/C300: 20070301_9J06-F000-GCN-G4-000(00), Checksum: 66AA.EXE bizhub C203: A02E0Y0-F000-GEQ-J8(00).EXE bizhub C253: A02E0Y0-F000-GDQ-J8(00).EXE bizhub C353: A02E0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE bizhub C451: A00K0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE bizhub C550: A00J0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE bizhub C650: A00H0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE
2. Insert the card in the slot.
3. Power ON MFP while pressing “Clear” key until below screen appears.
4. Select either “NVRAM initialize” or “NIC setting erase”.
5. Press “Start”.
6. Power OFF/ON the MFP. CAUTION: When first powering ON the MFP after having done “NVRAM initialize”, the MFP panel may become dark for about 30 seconds after the hourglass screen. Do not power OFF the MFP until operation screen appears. If having done the “NVRAM initialize”, be sure to
make the following setting in the Service mode:
- System1 => Marketing Area
- System2 => HDD
- System2 => Option Board Status
- System2 => Image Controller Setting
7. Power OFF/ON the MFP again.
8. Do the setup procedure found in the attached instuctions and Installation Manuals. To open the ZIP file, WinZip® should be installed. WinZip® can be downloaded from the WinZip® website: http://www.winzip.com/ddchomea.htm. The file can either be saved to disk or opened. It is recommended to download the ZIP and open from the local computer to view.
To view the zipped PDFs, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. Note: Machine will appear to have no power because the MFP Control Board is unable to detect when the Sub Power Switch is powered ON. If the problem persists, swap a NVRAM from another color MFP (bizhub C250/C252/C352/C353/C451/C550/C650) for testing purposes and see if it corrects the issue. If so, order a new NVRAM. IMPORTANT: All data except sales counter data will be initialized. SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Cesar Jimenez, Production Print/SSD
Thanks very much for the reply. Now as i said in my original post i have trid the nvram recovery tool but i did not hold the clear key as i powered on. Also if it was the nvram that was at fault surely i would get the same result trying to power on with the orignal faulty MFP board but im not that does power on ok.
I have waitied for over 5 mins for the upgraqde screen to appear. You also say in your post never format the cf card on colour machines why is this?
Thanks for your reply. Im still a little unsure about this DipSwitch being set to on. Delear support here (UK) have not mention anything to do with this switch or any switch on the board for that matter. Do you know if this switch setting only applys to your country? Like i said in previous post i have check this switch setting on other working machines and they are also set to off.
Joneze, this may be one of those times where you must blindly follow the instructions, turn it on and see what happens........ You have another working machine so this should be very simple, go get the NVram from the working machine and slap it in the non working machine does the thing come to life? If yes, great you need an NVRAM if not try swapping out the control panel just to eliminate it. Its most likely one of these 3 components or at least on would think.