• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oeshuron
    Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
    • May 2008

Power Requirements

Anyone have anything from Sharp stating an MX-5070N should be on its own dedicated circuit?
    Last edited by oeshuron; 01-30-2020, 03:56 PM.
  • Phil B.
    Field Supervisor

10,000+ Posts
    • Jul 2016

Re: Power Requirements

Originally posted by oeshuron
    Anyone have anything from Sharp stating an MX-5070N should be on its own dedicated circuit?
    that is something that every one of the 20 brands I work on state in the manuals

Comment

• oeshuron
      Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Phil B.
      that is something that every one of the 20 brands I work on state in the manuals
      I looked in the installation manual and service manual. Can you tell me the page it states dedicated circuit as I might be glossing it over? I understand they should be on one, just looking for documentation stating such for these machines we can provide the customer.

Comment

• Phil B.
        Field Supervisor

10,000+ Posts
        • Jul 2016

I looked in the installation manual and service manual. Can you tell me the page it states dedicated circuit as I might be glossing it over? I understand they should be on one, just looking for documentation stating such for these machines we can provide the customer.
        service manual... POWER requirements

even better call sharp tech support have them send you statement required

with newer units the power has a tighter tolerance values

Comment

• bsm2
          IT Manager

25,000+ Posts
          • Feb 2008

More useless help from Phil
          Most new machine don't required it. Just put a power filter on it. Like esp

Comment

• oeshuron
            Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
            • May 2008

Just asking if anyone else had a bulletin or tech tip, similar to the ones available from 2011/2014 for older models, for the newest machines. Better than bothering Sharp with it if there is one which has been released and I can't find it. I am going to send customer the older bulletins and see what happens.

Comment

• mansart
              Senior Tech

Site Contributor
              500+ Posts
              • Apr 2009

ExtractPage1.pdf

Comment

• oeshuron
                Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
                • May 2008

Originally posted by bsm2
                There is an ESP Next Gen PCS 20 Amp on it. There is also a dorm sized refrigerator, fellowes commercial shredder, and coffee maker which are plugged into what a appears to be a double gang box. Have sent an email to see if they can check on whether it is two different circuits or not.

Comment

• oeshuron
                  Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by mansart
                  [ATTACH]44772[/ATTACH]
                  Well holy crap. What shall I search to find that 13 page pamphlet?

Or is that a dealer only (non ccr) item?

Comment

• bsm2
                    IT Manager

25,000+ Posts
                    • Feb 2008

Looks like it's should be on its own power line. What kind of problem you got? Move the shredder if possible.

Comment

• oeshuron
                      Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
                      • May 2008

Looks like it's should be on its own power line. What kind of problem you got? Move the shredder if possible.
                      Just a large number of calls and service codes. We're requesting a dedicated circuit or a moving of the machine. The area its in is small plus its a breakroom type area.

Comment

• Phil B.
                        Field Supervisor

10,000+ Posts
                        • Jul 2016

Just a large number of calls and service codes. We're requesting a dedicated circuit or a moving of the machine. The area its in is small plus its a breakroom type area.
                        breakroom w/ fridge... coffee pot... microwave... maybe with soda machine.. small toaster oven/toaster.

all those things have a high draw on the circuit .. knowing how wall circuits are laid out .. they might have one or two runs in the room.

i bet if you put an enVision recorder on it you would notice high draws @ 0800-0900 1130-1230/1300 normally the people are running the above appliances in the break room ..

I had Oki MFP's in a manufacturing area (electronics) every time the 3,000# air compressors kick in, one of the 3 assembly lines power would dip and cause the oki's to lose their frigging minds.

put the enVision on each line and a monitor @ compressors .. sure enough the dip was JUST small enough to affect the MFP's but not noticeable in light or other power at the stations.

1 dedicated line split to power the 3 mfp's... viola no more power issues.

their industrial engineer like the enVision he bought one for the shop there. It was about $250usd if I remember correctly.

Mine was really great at pointing out many problems in other buildings

Can be found here: enVision IC 120 - 208V Predictive Analysis Software

Comment

• KenB
                          Geek Extraordinaire

2,500+ Posts
                          • Dec 2007

breakroom w/ fridge... coffee pot... microwave... maybe with soda machine.. small toaster oven/toaster.

all those things have a high draw on the circuit .. knowing how wall circuits are laid out .. they might have one or two runs in the room.

i bet if you put an enVision recorder on it you would notice high draws @ 0800-0900 1130-1230/1300 normally the people are running the above appliances in the break room ..

I had Oki MFP's in a manufacturing area (electronics) every time the 3,000# air compressors kick in, one of the 3 assembly lines power would dip and cause the oki's to lose their frigging minds.

put the enVision on each line and a monitor @ compressors .. sure enough the dip was JUST small enough to affect the MFP's but not noticeable in light or other power at the stations.

1 dedicated line split to power the 3 mfp's... viola no more power issues.

their industrial engineer like the enVision he bought one for the shop there. It was about $250usd if I remember correctly.

Mine was really great at pointing out many problems in other buildings

Can be found here: enVision IC 120 - 208V Predictive Analysis Software
                          I totally agree.

Not only can problems be caused by the voltage going low, spikes can be introduced by anything that cycles, such as mentioned.

Those spikes can only be a millisecond or two, but can cause havoc. The spikes are actually worse when the device cycles off, and not on, similar to an ignition coil on an engine, when the EMF field collapses.

Not all models feel it equally. Two similar yet different models from the same manufacturer may feel it differently.
                          “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Comment

• davel
                            Technician

1,000+ Posts
                            • Oct 2011

Please don't let your political differences bring bitching to the technical forums.

Comment

• Nachoman4life
                              Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
                              100+ Posts
                              • Oct 2007

Had a Sharp MX6240 running on a 120v20a circuit with very few problems , given it was a basic box, no lcc, or fin... just a H4 code every couple of months, delivery guys "pig tailed" it, actually was a very good machine, when I last stopped servicing it 3 yrs ago, it was still a good machine.. 220v machine running fine on 110v.... long warmups was the symptom..
                              Last edited by Nachoman4life; 02-06-2020, 06:34 AM.
                              Where the heck is my spring hook?

Comment

Working...