AR-287 L1-00 (Video)

HI

Customer bought this printer on auction(as-is) and it throws this error - L1-00. From what I researched, this error pops up when scanner is locked for shipping purposes. The screw that locks is not there so thats not the reason for the error. Is there any other locks?

It seems like the scanner has problem with movement and has issue with leaving home position. I took the glass off and manually moved the scanner all the way to the right to see if it comes back. Scanner came back to home position on start up with no problem and then gets stuck when it wants to leave it again. I think it makes unnecessary noise too. Is it possible that he scanner motor works one way and not the other? I took a video of the scanner movement and will upload it later.

Thanks for the help

Edit: video
    Last edited by D4R3K68; 05-09-2015 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added video

Re: AR-287 L1-00 (Video)

Added video of the issue.

Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

The machine needs to "see" the white strip underneath the copying glass in order to OK the white balance test, otherwise it will throw a L1 error,
    is more a reference checkup than a scanner movement issue.

If the white strip is there, make sure it is really white, sometimes with age the strip becomes yellowish and the automatic comparison is NG (no good), also remember to clean the glass, the mirrors and the CCD lens and sensor itself (behind the lens).

Never test a Sharp without the glass otherwise a L1 will result (even in new machines).

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-287 L1-00 (Video)

This thread might help:

Sharp AR 407

It won't complete initialization without the white reference (which is removed in your video). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

If you install the glass and still have the L1 problem, you'll probably need a motor. Right rear corner,replace the motor and the scan board it's in the back a little closer to center, follow the wire from the motor. we used to always do the motor and board together! GOOD LUCK!!!

Yes, the error shows up and behavior is the same when glass and everything else is put together. I just took it off to inspect it. I will most likely replace the motor and board if I can even find a place to buy it from.

I tried to run the simulation 1-1 and 1-2 but printer was not responding when asked to press start to run the simulation.

Thanks for your responses, all very and helpful!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-287 L1-00 (Video)

Make sure you match old style PWB and motor, or new style PWB and motor. See this link:

Sharp AR 407
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    AR-287 L1-00 (Video)

Wow, I haven't seen this copier in over ten years! I loved how you could pull out the entire transport assembly and clean the entire unit, the new saw- tooth corona technology, the transfer corona asembly guide that used to break teeth when a customer forcefully removed jams, how about those exit door assembly guides used to break, duplex units with the soft orange tires that would flat spot all the time, those big toner bottles that if not installed properly would dump toner all over the office, torn doc feed belts and, yes, the L1-00 codes... ahhh, looking back... those are all but great memories of days gone by, however, maybe not at that time.

If parts are still available, start with the white strips, if that fails, I remember replacing scanner power boards and/ or optics motors to resolve the L1-00 errors. I also remember drag on the optics rail due to the scanner assembly guides wearing out, however that would generally to cause stretched copies or optic jitter. Best of luck.