I've got a report full of E110's and E130's, but I've run at least a full ream of paper through the machine without a hitch. I have to give some history first:

About 6 months ago The enduser knocked out the paper empty flag ... and I re-installed it. No big deal.

So finally after 3 visits and 500 pages, I get an E130 when duplexing from tray #1. It would have been E110 for simplex from tray #1. The paper is found one side printed in the duplex tray but that's not the important part: it ran out of paper. Hmmmm! So I removed the jam, closed up the tray, and it tried to feed more paper from the empty tray #1.

The eS407CS is a rebadged Okidata, and the only way to get a really good look at that PE sensor would be to remove all the supplies and lay the machine on it's back on the floor. I've got perhaps 30 minutes, so that's not going to happen in time.

With a mirror and flashlight I got a view of the flag, ~2mm short of blocking the photointerrupter. The flag was in there correctly but the photointerrupter got pushed up out of reach. There's a plastic snap that's supposed to retain the PI.

It's one of those three hand tasks: hand #1 holds the flashlight, hand #2 holds the mirror, and hand #3 holds the 3" hemostats. The fun part was the mirror effect. I move left, and the tool moves the wrong way. When the tool did find the sensor, a downward pull snapped it back into place. Then I re-installed the flag.

eS407cs E110_E130.JPG

I was just glad to finally see a jam. =^..^=