PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Multiple models stop receiving print data on large jobs

Custom Search

stevena86
09-27-2018, 08:37 PM
I’ve got a customer that is printing a large job for their quarterly statements. About a year ago, they started having an issue where when they sent the job of about 7,000 pages (mostly text and a logo) to the copier, it’d get stuck around 3-4,000 pages printed, the blue data light would blink, but no information would come through and eventually the copier would display an error of “Server Connection Timeout”. I went through everything in that machine to find a cause but for the life of me, could never find a solution. Eventually, we swapped the machine. That was a Bizhub C454e. We gave them an identical machine, which they say worked for awhile and then did the same thing. Now I’m sitting in front of a C558 and it is currently printing a 7,043 page file. It received 4,386 pages and then stopped counting up. The blue light is blinking and it is printing, but it’s at 2,688/4,386 and only counting up on the number of pages actually printed.

i have tried having them print over their network directly from a locally installed driver, through their print server and now through a laptop directly connected to the copier via a crossover cable. All 3 methods have produced the same result.

im at peace with there being skmewthibg wrong with the machine, I just have no idea what and why it’s haooened to 3 different machines now.

any ideas on where I can go with this to try and resolve it? Is the machine just not tough enough to handle having 7,043 variable print data pages thrown at it at once?

guitar9199
09-27-2018, 09:12 PM
Give this a shot...see if it helps.

Specifying the Time-out Time by Interface (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id08-0177.html)

qbert69
10-11-2018, 04:38 AM
I’ve got a customer that is printing a large job for their quarterly statements. About a year ago, they started having an issue where when they sent the job of about 7,000 pages (mostly text and a logo) to the copier, it’d get stuck around 3-4,000 pages printed, the blue data light would blink, but no information would come through and eventually the copier would display an error of “Server Connection Timeout”. I went through everything in that machine to find a cause but for the life of me, could never find a solution. Eventually, we swapped the machine. That was a Bizhub C454e. We gave them an identical machine, which they say worked for awhile and then did the same thing. Now I’m sitting in front of a C558 and it is currently printing a 7,043 page file. It received 4,386 pages and then stopped counting up. The blue light is blinking and it is printing, but it’s at 2,688/4,386 and only counting up on the number of pages actually printed.

i have tried having them print over their network directly from a locally installed driver, through their print server and now through a laptop directly connected to the copier via a crossover cable. All 3 methods have produced the same result.

im at peace with there being skmewthibg wrong with the machine, I just have no idea what and why it’s haooened to 3 different machines now.

any ideas on where I can go with this to try and resolve it? Is the machine just not tough enough to handle having 7,043 variable print data pages thrown at it at once?What is the file format? PDF?...If it's hanging like this, it sounds like a memory buffer processing error!!! If it's a PDF file which hasn't been "flattened" and is too complex to spool, sometimes timeouts and/or errors occur. If it is not a simplified flattened PDF, you can simplify it by printing to Bullzip PDF printer and then once generated try again to print to your Konica-minolta.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

tsbservice
10-14-2018, 06:04 PM
You can try to capture data in Service mode System 2 in order to analyze cause of print data error or something like that.

bsm2
10-14-2018, 06:16 PM
What print driver? Is it setup correctly? Printing port etc...... Did you try a different driver?

FixStuff
10-14-2018, 06:40 PM
I had a similar situation with customers who print large jobs. It turned out to be the SSD Board on the 4e series. As was explained to me, when a machine is in a poor electrical environment the SSD board will start to fail. If they have a power filter you might see the number of surges is maxed out. This really only affects customers who print large jobs. Other customers who print normal to low volume seem unaffected.

On my machines I initialized, formatted both SSD/HDD, replaced MFP/Ram/HDD. Played with network speed, every print driver setting, network cable. Customer changed machine to different router, different IP. Ultimately it was the SSD. I haven't experienced this on an 8 series machine yet, but from what I understand an eMMc is just like an SSD board. Good luck.

Bix
10-16-2018, 03:37 PM
It has happened to us so many times. The real problem is the conflict between machine firmware and driver version. Make sure neither is too old.

In addition, by setting "work" and not "quality" in the prerogative, the printer goes faster.

qbert69
10-16-2018, 06:25 PM
It has happened to us so many times. The real problem is the conflict between machine firmware and driver version. Make sure neither is too old.

In addition, by setting "work" and not "quality" in the prerogative, the printer goes faster.Quality should be done on the frontend, not the backend. Don't try to make the machine extrapolate something that isn't there or doesn't need to be there!!! In other words, simplify your document as much as possible! Flatten your PDF's. Don't make your image resolutions any higher than necessary. 200 to 300 dpi for graphics is plenty high enough quality in the original for most print situations.

Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

FixStuff
10-17-2018, 02:19 AM
You didn't mention which firmware you were using. I usually assume someone is at the latest base firmware. If not, C558 firmware G00-U8 has a line in the pdf notes that reads:

49. While executing a large print job, MFP might freeze sometimes.

Custom Search