Clear All
  • rrrohan
    Service Manager
    Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Sep 2011

MarketPlace screensaver

I just installed it.
    Australia finally got the MarketPlace and all 5 useless apps. lol.
    market.JPG
    Is it possible to disable the Konica Minolta screen saver? I cant find the option to disable it.
    If not I will just remove the marketplace as currently in my region is basically still useless.

thanks.
  • Bix
    Service Manager
    1,000+ Posts
    • Apr 2018

Re: MarketPlace screensaver

Hi rrrohan,

You need install Open API Application Manager

This software allows you to disable the screensavers installed in the printer.

Comment

• rrrohan
      Service Manager
      Site Contributor
      1,000+ Posts
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bix
      Hi rrrohan,

You need install Open API Application Manager

This software allows you to disable the screensavers installed in the printer.
      So if i use this i can remove only the screen saver but leave the market?

the screensaver is such a useless feature i hope they allow you to disable that during the install of marketplace in future

Comment

• Bix
        Service Manager
        1,000+ Posts
        • Apr 2018

Yes, it should allow.

I installed a year ago but I had to remove it because I often blocked the screen of the machine and I had to restart it every time.

I think a memory expansion is needed to make it run well.

Comment

• rrrohan
          Service Manager
          Site Contributor
          1,000+ Posts
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bix
          Yes, it should allow.

I installed a year ago but I had to remove it because I often blocked the screen of the machine and I had to restart it every time.

thanks your tip worked.

I think a memory expansion is needed to make it run well.
          i thought no API would run without a UK memory expansion.

Comment

• Bix
            Service Manager
            1,000+ Posts
            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by rrrohan
            i thought no API would run without a UK memory expansion.
            Yes, it works without memory expansion but I think this marketplace slows down the machine in its fluidity. Especially in machines with only 2GB. With an expansion of memory, the situation should improve.
            But for now, I have not yet tried in machines with 4GB if the situation improves.

Comment

• rrrohan
              Service Manager
              Site Contributor
              1,000+ Posts
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bix
              Yes, it works without memory expansion but I think this marketplace slows down the machine in its fluidity. Especially in machines with only 2GB. With an expansion of memory, the situation should improve.
              But for now, I have not yet tried in machines with 4GB if the situation improves.
              Its ok, doesnt look like my region will ever get the marketplace anyway. they say its released in australia but the 5 apps are pointless and no cloud connectors so i really dont know why they wasted the server space to host a .au domain.

i love KM but its pretty embarrassing for sales team when they explain you cant scan to the cloud. so glad im not working in sales

Comment

• HoonBoy
                Trusted Tech
                100+ Posts
                • May 2011

You can login with other region account and use the US Marketplace: MarketPlace

Comment

• Bix
                  Service Manager
                  1,000+ Posts
                  • Apr 2018

Originally posted by rrrohan
                  Its ok, doesnt look like my region will ever get the marketplace anyway. they say its released in australia but the 5 apps are pointless and no cloud connectors so i really dont know why they wasted the server space to host a .au domain.

i love KM but its pretty embarrassing for sales team when they explain you cant scan to the cloud. so glad im not working in sales
                  In Europe, KM seems to be launching its own cloud service (komi cloud/doc), a mfp display via a connector is also available.
                  The marketplace is not yet available in all countries officially.

Comment

• rrrohan
                    Service Manager
                    Site Contributor
                    1,000+ Posts
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by HoonBoy
                    You can login with other region account and use the US Marketplace: MarketPlace
                    I tried last year but it just said it wasn't available in my region.

Tried a USA DNS with US marketing region but NG. Short of a USA based DNS I don't think it's possible

Comment

• blackcat4866
                      Master Of The Obvious
                      Site Contributor
                      10,000+ Posts
                      • Jul 2007

I was successful today uninstalling the app with bizhub Marketplace Installer. It's quite easy to make the button vanish, but I understand its still running in the background, unless uninstalled.

The thing that threw me, is that it took perhaps 25 minutes for the utility to work. It gave me error for "No Network Connection" immediately after successfully auto updating the utility to version 1.11.3

Then the MFP pulled up that screen you see when you're logged in as Admin into the web interface ... for about 15 more minutes ... then the utility worked.

I wasted considerable time searching for this Open API Application Management. It did not come up under a wide variety of searches. When I got the name right: bizhub Marketplace Installer ... then I started finding manuals, software, etc.
                      =^..^=
                      If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
                      1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
                      2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
                      3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
                      4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
                      5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• rrrohan
                        Service Manager
                        Site Contributor
                        1,000+ Posts
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by blackcat4866
                        I was successful today uninstalling the app with bizhub Marketplace Installer. It's quite easy to make the button vanish, but I understand its still running in the background, unless uninstalled.

The thing that threw me, is that it took perhaps 25 minutes for the utility to work. It gave me error for "No Network Connection" immediately after successfully auto updating the utility to version 1.11.3

Then the MFP pulled up that screen you see when you're logged in as Admin into the web interface ... for about 15 more minutes ... then the utility worked.

I wasted considerable time searching for this Open API Application Management. It did not come up under a wide variety of searches. When I got the name right: bizhub Marketplace Installer ... then I started finding manuals, software, etc.
                        =^..^=
                        i dont bother uninstalling it anymore since my api manger app seems to be so unreliable these days

you can just disable screen saver. i think its in admin-reset settings. if im wrong ill double check on monday for u the location

Comment

• tsbservice
                          Field tech
                          Site Contributor
                          5,000+ Posts
                          • May 2007

I use it to put our company logo as a screensaver. My boss like it. There's option to change screensavers but it may require some money involved. I tried to play with widgets but wasn't pleased enough.
                          A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
                          Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• rrrohan
                            Service Manager
                            Site Contributor
                            1,000+ Posts
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by tsbservice
                            I use it to put our company logo as a screensaver. My boss like it. There's option to change screensavers but it may require some money involved. I tried to play with widgets but wasn't pleased enough.
                            im old school and having a imagine sit static on screen is the opposite of a screen saver. plus it adds a short delay for customer as it needs you to tap screen before even performing a copy/scan

Comment

• korthr5
                              Technician
                              • Feb 2016

Hello

To disable:

Administrator -> System Settings -> Reset Settings -> System Auto Reset -->> Screen Saver Function

Comment

Working...