• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gina82
    Technician
    50+ Posts
    • Oct 2017

Bizhub C353 Color shift/Color registration error

I have a Bizhub C353 that has been giving me image quality issues. The issue is a color shift issue and it happens during printing and scanning. I have tried color registration adjustment but whenever I get the top half balanced the lower half starts to shift, as shown in below images. Prior to performing the color registration adjustment, I checked the scanner assembly for and foreign matter in the assembly or on the rail but none was found. I then cleaned and swapped the transfer roller and transfer belt, individually and respectively, for testing purposes only but the error still occurred. I then replaced the print heads(C,Y, & M) because prior to this image quality issue I got an error code and only changed the black print head, and after replacing the remaining print heads, I performed an image stabilization process as well as a gradation adjustment, and after that didn't work I proceed to perform the color registration adjustment, but my issue still remains. Below I have multiple examples of the error and look forward to your help. ALSO if you could tell me why this error occurred I'd be beyond greatful.

SKMBT_C35319070315180.pdfSKMBT_C35319070315180.pdf
  • mayorg
    Technician
    50+ Posts
    • Feb 2015

Re: Bizhub C353 Color shift/Color registration error

Originally posted by Gina82
    I have a Bizhub C353 that has been giving me image quality issues. The issue is a color shift issue and it happens during printing and scanning. I have tried color registration adjustment but whenever I get the top half balanced the lower half starts to shift, as shown in below images. Prior to performing the color registration adjustment, I checked the scanner assembly for and foreign matter in the assembly or on the rail but none was found. I then cleaned and swapped the transfer roller and transfer belt, individually and respectively, for testing purposes only but the error still occurred. I then replaced the print heads(C,Y, & M) because prior to this image quality issue I got an error code and only changed the black print head, and after replacing the remaining print heads, I performed an image stabilization process as well as a gradation adjustment, and after that didn't work I proceed to perform the color registration adjustment, but my issue still remains. Below I have multiple examples of the error and look forward to your help. ALSO if you could tell me why this error occurred I'd be beyond greatful.

[ATTACH]43055[/ATTACH][ATTACH]43055[/ATTACH]
    Clean the the IDC sensor or change the transfer belt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gina82
      Technician
      50+ Posts
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by mayorg
      Clean the the IDC sensor or change the transfer belt

I will try cleaning the IDC sensor. The transfer belt was replaced and put in after I replaced the K print head about a month ago. Do you know why it would cause this issue? I'm lost right now

Comment

• mayorg
        Technician
        50+ Posts
        • Feb 2015

Clean the IDC sensor 100% it will work

Comment

• blackcat4866
          Master Of The Obvious
          Site Contributor
          10,000+ Posts
          • Jul 2007

Did you say this affects scanning? Then you've entirely ruled out the print engine.

My thought is that the CCD has been mis-adjusted or perhaps you've got a unsecured mirror bouncing around in the scanner. How do internal prints or prints from USB look?

No part of the print engine can affect scans.
          If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
          1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
          2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
          3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
          4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
          5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• srvctec
            Former KM Senior Tech
            500+ Posts
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Gina82
            I will try cleaning the IDC sensor. The transfer belt was replaced and put in after I replaced the K print head about a month ago. Do you know why it would cause this issue? I'm lost right now
            The key might be right here in this post. Maybe the K print head didn't quite get in exactly the correct position when it was replaced. Maybe one of the buttons that determine the position didn't quite make it into the hole it goes in causing the K print head to be ever so slightly skewed. Just a thought.
            Last edited by srvctec; 07-08-2019, 08:43 PM.
            Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Comment

• allan
              RTFM!!
              5,000+ Posts
              • Apr 2010

Yea that could very well be the case. Just reinstall the K PH.
              Helpful info would be if the prints are also out of wack or only the scans.
              And are there any P-code warnings? Look for the oil can icon on the bottom of the screen.
              Whatever

Comment

• JR2ALTA
                Service Manager
                Site Contributor
                1,000+ Posts
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by blackcat4866
                Did you say this affects scanning? Then you've entirely ruled out the print engine.

My thought is that the CCD has been mis-adjusted or perhaps you've got a unsecured mirror bouncing around in the scanner. How do internal prints or prints from USB look?

No part of the print engine can affect scans.
                I think he means prints and copies.

Comment

• Gina82
                  Technician
                  50+ Posts
                  • Oct 2017

Hey everyone. I reinstalled the K and M print head, as well as, replaced both IDC sensors and the image shift was corrected! Thank you all for helping!

Comment

Working...