• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mascan42
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Oct 2008

I-series colors off at install

I've run into this problem on a few of the compact i-series machines (C4050i/3350i). Upon install, the internal demo page shows the color bars off a bit (red is slightly orange, green is more of an olive green). Running gradation adjustment doesn't help. The customers have been living with it for now, probably not even noticing since they're low-volume desktop machines. Any idea what this could be?
  • Synthohol
    Certified Konica Expert
    Site Contributor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Mar 2016

Re: I-series colors off at install

OEM toner? just asking.
    color is crappy, i agree.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    The medication helps though...

Comment

• tsbservice
      Field tech
      Site Contributor
      5,000+ Posts
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Synthohol
      OEM toner? ...
      Off topic:

Rofl, really you dare that

Back on topic.
      My apologies to TS. Had only few in the field. I-series are not what used to be especially comparing A4 models to older A3 models.
      A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
      Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• qbert69
        Service Manager
        1,000+ Posts
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mascan42
        I've run into this problem on a few of the compact i-series machines (C4050i/3350i). Upon install, the internal demo page shows the color bars off a bit (red is slightly orange, green is more of an olive green). Running gradation adjustment doesn't help. The customers have been living with it for now, probably not even noticing since they're low-volume desktop machines. Any idea what this could be?
        Sounds like it's a bit heavy on the yellow!!! You should be able to manually dial the yellow down a notch or two in service mode & then lock it in!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
        REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
        Konica Minolta Planetariums!
        https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Comment

• rrrohan
          Service Manager
          Site Contributor
          1,000+ Posts
          • Sep 2011

the C3320i series have a bulletin high TCR.

Also i found with the C360i the GDI demo page colours looked off until i re did stab with good quality paper instead of the crappy office paper most offices use

Comment

• Bix
            Service Manager
            1,000+ Posts
            • Apr 2018

I've found toner in the glass of the laser unit several times, so try cleaning it with your magic wand.

Comment

• EarthKmTech
              Step aside, noob
              1,000+ Posts
              • May 2009

I series did introduce more vibrant colour palet aparently - it can be disabled and there is a bulletin on it somewhere.

It was mentioned to change it back if the customer prefers the printed colours from the older series machines.

Not very helpfull but i remember someone mentioning this.

Comment

• gareth577
                • Nov 2017

You can return to the conventional color reproduction by using Soft Dip SW 153, bit 6 (Hex 40)

After setting the softswith please Initialize and Image Stabilization followed by Gradation.

Comment

• ivovb
                  Senior Tech
                  500+ Posts
                  • Apr 2008

Use latest firmware G00-7D. Two of the predecessors targeted a print quality proplems.

BR
                  I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Comment

• tsbservice
                    Field tech
                    Site Contributor
                    5,000+ Posts
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by gareth577
                    You can return to the conventional color reproduction by using Soft Dip SW 153, bit 6 (Hex 40)

After setting the softswith please Initialize and Image Stabilization followed by Gradation.
                    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
                    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

Working...