PDA

View Full Version : Setting up scan to email for multiple users

Custom Search

DC300
01-28-2021, 11:46 AM
Hi,

I work for a small business with less than 10 people. I would like to set up our Konica Minolta Bizhup Ineo 224e so multiple users can scan to email from different email accounts. I would like each user to be able to send a scan email from their own email address, rather than having one host email address. I would like it set up like this so when recipients reply, they reply directly back to the sender. Hope that makes sense.

So for example,

User A, scan to email from UserA@gmail.com
User B, scan to email from UserB@gmail.com

and so on...

Is this possible?

bsm2
01-28-2021, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I work for a small business with less than 10 people. I would like to set up our Konica Minolta Bizhup Ineo 224e so multiple users can scan to email from different email accounts. I would like each user to be able to send a scan email from their own email address, rather than having one host email address. I would like it set up like this so when recipients reply, they reply directly back to the sender. Hope that makes sense.

So for example,

and so on...

Is this possible?

No there is only one upload account.
Why should it matter?
Most do not email directly from the machine to others
they email themselves and forward to clients.

DC300
01-28-2021, 12:25 PM
It just saves a lot of time. We still use a fax machine to send our purchase orders to suppliers, as my older colleagues find it quicker than scanning to the PC and then writing out an email etc. I was hoping to set up our copier so it's as convenient as faxing, which in our case - would be scan to email directly to our suppliers. This is the only way I would be able to convince my older colleagues that scan to email is better than faxing.

copier tech
01-28-2021, 01:22 PM
Hi,

So for example,

and so on...

Is this possible?

You can do this from the address book, simply set each use with their own reply address, or use reply to the address the email was sent from, in your case their personal accounts.

By default the reply address with be the copier administrators email (from) address.

Or the sender E-mail address can be changed on the Touch Panel before sending the E-mail, if necessary.

emujo2
01-28-2021, 02:46 PM
User walks up and hits scan to email..off it goes, the only thing the MFP knows is the setting for from address and that is what is used. To change this you must authenticate in some way..you can enable user authentication or account track and add the email address for each registered user, then in admin settings tell the machine to use the logged in email address. Account track will require everyone to log in to do anything, but User Authenticaiton would allow you to configure the public user to do everything but scan..This would allow them to go about their daily routine w/o too much interruption, but if they needed to scan they would have to log in..Print driver would also need to updated to reflect authenticaiton enforced with public user. This is fine for one or two machines but when you are managing a fleet you probalbly want to move to a server based 3rd party system that provides authenticaiton and may also provide advanced scanning (text searchable, indexing, automatic routing, ect). E

Custom Search