• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heber302
    Technician
    • Oct 2021

Ricoh C7100 Not printing any Yellow

Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm very new here so forgive me if I miss on providing any information. I have a Ricoh C7100 SX that will not print any yellow. All other colors print fine but absolutely no yellow. I replaced the yellow toner even though the other cartridge was not empty and I cleaned the unit as well. However after every print that I do I see that the Toner supply port on the development unit is packed with pure yellow toner. I am confused on what step to take next. Any ideas would be mighty helpful.

Thank you!
    Attached Files
  • slimslob
    Retired

Site Contributor
    25,000+ Posts
    • May 2013

Re: Ricoh C7100 Not printing any Yellow

I would say replace the yellow development unit. There is something internal that is broken.

Comment

• TonerMunkeh
      Professional Moron

2,500+ Posts
      • Apr 2008

Indeed. Take the drum, charger and cleaning unit out of the Y PCU and look at the mag roller. Does it have any dev on it? Do the paddle and mag roller gears turn freely?
      It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Comment

• Heber302
        Technician
        • Oct 2021

Hey guys thank you so much for the comments. After messing with the printer for a while, I realized the yellow toner was getting compacted in the toner whole that goes to where the developer is stored. I figured the developer motor was probably not working as it seemed the springs inside were not properly distributing the toner and developer. I took out the development unit and checked the gear inside the machine that is responsible to turn the developer springs inside the development unit. The gear was extremely loose.

Next I opened the back doors worked my way until I got to the developer motor. I saw the belt that turns the developer unit was out of place. I put the belt back in its place and close the back doors and turned on the machine. The development unit started working as expected after the fix. I'm not sure how the belt got out of place but is been working fine since I fixed it.

Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Working...