PDA

View Full Version : BH-4020 mono messing up Cassettes

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-20-2022, 03:43 PM
BH-4020 mono equipped with two optional PF-P12 Cassettes, so having a total of three plus the manual feed. The machine was working well at the customers' location, but indicated in the display that it needed the maintenance kit and was having lots of original and paper jams. Therefore, we brought it to the workshop and to give it at the same time a good clean. We didn't touch any of the adjustments, except of course the maintenance counter for the ADF and the maintenance kit.

However, when we brought the machine back to the customer suddenly, when using MS-Word, the previous cassette assignment was mixed up from one workstation. AFAIK, this happens from only from one of the five workstations. Not knowing their IT-System I am afraid that this has to be corrected in the server and not the workstation, the latter I could do but not if to be done in the server.

For sure, the customer's IT-Department can handle this, but he has a bad relation with the IT since they take obviously any possibility to rip him off mercilessly where they can, and I hope not being made liable for this situation.

Question:
I cannot imagine that taking the machine out of the IT-System can change unwillingly something in the settings and or cassette assignment in the BH-4020 itself. What would you think? Any similar experiences?

Hans

Synthohol
06-20-2022, 05:00 PM
in that scenario i would just plug in only my laptop and with the correct driver set to auto see if your laptop follows the tray priority.
ive placed 1 sheet in each tray with 1,2,3,4 written on the page and send a 4 page doc and see what order they come out.
if correct then they likely have a driver issue but since you isolated it to that one computer its not your problem.
good to prove its not the copier but their config\driver.
ive seen WSD ports do this so its imperative its connected standard TCP\IP port 9100 RAW.
also word uses the last used settings when printing. its possible it just needs to be set back to auto and verify all the trays are reflected in configuration tab in the driver.
good luck. it sounds like you are in the middle of a "they" problem, not a YOU problem.

emujo2
06-20-2022, 06:19 PM
Here's my guess

The user with the issue had this as their default printer..When this went away for the maintenance. the default printer no longer worked. A new default printer was selected and MS word changed its defaults based on this printers setting..E

Custom Search