PDA

View Full Version : C258 wont recognize paper trays - cant print or copy

Custom Search

FuserNoob
12-06-2022, 05:37 PM
I have a client with a c258 that wont recognize paper trays (tray 1, tray 2 and large capacity tray 3) and it wont print or copy.
Rebooted
The tray guides have been reset
printer instances on PC's have been removed/reinstalled
I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.
Thanks for any help!

blackcat4866
12-06-2022, 06:22 PM
Have you done a System Error Clear? =^..^=

tsbservice
12-06-2022, 06:25 PM
+1 trays may be isolated.

emujo2
12-06-2022, 06:25 PM
Tray 3 would normally be a loose or not fully seated power or data cable, but all 3 trays lean towards a board issue..What about the bypass tray, does it work, and are Tray 1 and 2 seeing paper, just the wrong size? Do you have a light on the tray indicating paper status..I would not worry about printing until you get the copy working. E

FuserNoob
12-06-2022, 06:59 PM

I have not, since it's not showing an error code, but I can try

FuserNoob
12-06-2022, 07:02 PM
Tray 3 would normally be a loose or not fully seated power or data cable, but all 3 trays lean towards a board issue..What about the bypass tray, does it work, and are Tray 1 and 2 seeing paper, just the wrong size? Do you have a light on the tray indicating paper status..I would not worry about printing until you get the copy working. E

that's a possibility, as i replaced the caster base with the LC drawer
I have not tried the bypass tray, but i will
the trays DO NOT light up, as it looks like they are seeing paper
and i agree, copy first - then print

emujo2
12-06-2022, 07:15 PM
Tray light is only on when tray is empty. What happens when you open close a drawer? Do the trays rise? Does the LCD display reflect what the side guides are telling it?

progoffice
12-06-2022, 11:00 PM
If you disconnect the LCT you added from the machine does that make a difference on trays 1 and 2?

I'm pretty sure the C258 uses the PC-410 and not the PC-415. If you're accidentally using the PC-415 (looks exactly the same) maybe that's throwing the rest of the paper detection system off?

Just something else to check and try.

FuserNoob
12-07-2022, 12:38 AM
Tray light is only on when tray is empty. What happens when you open close a drawer? Do the trays rise? Does the LCD display reflect what the side guides are telling it?

I actually swapped out the printer on Friday - c258 with a c258, so the LC tray is the same unit that was working for them - loose power/data cable on the LC tray is the more likely culprit.

FuserNoob
12-07-2022, 12:50 AM
FYI - had the client reboot the machine and... whaddya know...works like a charm :cool:

Custom Search