• Show
Clear All
  • copyman
    Owner / Technician
    Site Contributor
    2,500+ Posts
    • Sep 2005

half bottles of toner

I seem to recall that during the kon/min toner shortage I read on this forum that they were shipping half btls? I tried to find reference to that but cannot. Can you tell from the boxes? Was going to buy some OEM toners online but want to make sure they are full btls. The seller did send me pics of boxes. There are some blue dots, etc on boxes and why asking.

Thanks in advance
  • Toxic
    Senior Tech
    500+ Posts
    • Dec 2009

Re: half bottles of toner

Yes, blue circle on the side of toner box is mark for half toner as i noticed on TN221, TN321,TN324...
    I could post you few photos tomorow

Comment

• KMFLT3CH
      Trusted Tech
      100+ Posts
      • May 2017

The half filled bottles have their part number ending in an "H" and/or there is a blue sticker dot on the box.

Across hundreds of different customer sites, I have seen some boxes with one or the other, and other boxes with both markings. Of course you can easily tell just by the weight of the bottle, too.

Comment

• copyman
        Owner / Technician
        Site Contributor
        2,500+ Posts
        • Sep 2005

Glad I asked. Yes these have blue dots which made me think of asking here. If price is right I may still get them and use 2 btls to make one full one. Plus will have the extra end caps if I need to convert other OEM toners to that specific model. Anything is better than using aftermarket toners.

Thanks again

Comment

• Toxic
          Senior Tech
          500+ Posts
          • Dec 2009

On the side of the box should be posted also right weight (250 grams).

Comment

Working...