• Show
Clear All
  • copyman
    Owner / Technician

Site Contributor
    2,500+ Posts
    • Sep 2005

4750 Date & time

Is this model suppose to lose the date & time when main power switch is turned off? I know this is Lexmark made so not sure. Kon/Min models retain the settings even if unplugged for months but this 4750 loses date & time soon as main pwr turned off.

Thanks
  • Toxic
    Senior Tech

500+ Posts
    • Dec 2009

Re: 4750 Date & time

It should not lose date and time after simply off/on.
    It happened for me few times it lost data but after few months of been turned off.
    Not sure but probably battery on mainboard is dead.

Edit:
    1. Symptom
    Date and time setting again prompted when you turned on the machine though it has been done before.

2. Cause of this symptom
    The battery operates the clock on the main board runs out the charged.

The capacity of the battery is designed to hold only up to 2 months when it was fully charged. Therefore, entering the current date and time is necessary when installation because the machine could be stored more than 2 months after manufacturing. Also, the battery runs out if it was turned off more than 2 months. Once it was run out, it is necessary to keep it charged more than 24 hours to reach the enough level of charge to hold the date and time data for days.

The battery is used ONLY for the date and time clock, so no other functions affected though it has run out.

3. Models
    bizhub 3301P/4000P/4700P
    bizhub 3320/4020

Comment

• mojorolla
      The Wolf

2,500+ Posts
      • Jan 2010

Just had this a few months back; makes scanning to email "fun".
      CMOS battery is dead in the main board.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Comment

• tulintron
        Senior Tech

Site Contributor
        500+ Posts
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by mojorolla
        Just had this a few months back; makes scanning to email "fun".
        CMOS battery is dead in the main board.

+1
        https://www.copytechnet.com/images/smilies/cool.pngNada como dia após diahttps://www.copytechnet.com/images/smilies/cool.png

Comment

• Hansoon
          Field Supervisor

Site Contributor
          2,500+ Posts
          • Sep 2007

Many of the several Lexmark clones are doing this. The little Seiko MS621FE cell becomes discharged and it takes long to become recharged.

I don't know what's worse, the dreaded Lithium cell from the 4e series going dead or that little battery becoming momentarily discharged......

Hans
          Last edited by Hansoon; 07-18-2023, 07:55 AM.
          " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Comment

• copyman
            Owner / Technician

Site Contributor
            2,500+ Posts
            • Sep 2005

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Ha-ha. I couldn't find the battery at first. I was looking for a standard copier size button battery not knowing it was one of those real small button batts. Once I found it was able to get the #'s off it and ordered a few from Digikey.

Not sure what the one poster meant about scanning to email "fun" but ironically this machine was having issues scanning to email so I replaced the machine and brought it back to shop. Good to know a new battery may help solve the scan to email issue?

Comment

• mojorolla
              The Wolf

2,500+ Posts
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by copyman
              Thanks everyone for the replies.

Ha-ha. I couldn't find the battery at first. I was looking for a standard copier size button battery not knowing it was one of those real small button batts. Once I found it was able to get the #'s off it and ordered a few from Digikey.

Not sure what the one poster meant about scanning to email "fun" but ironically this machine was having issues scanning to email so I replaced the machine and brought it back to shop. Good to know a new battery may help solve the scan to email issue?
              Most smtp servers will fail email relay if the date and time is off. Can't tell you how many techs get burned by date & time when troubleshooting email issues.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Comment

Working...