• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwatton
    Technician

Site Contributor
    • May 2023

Export Paper Catalog on C6000l w/IC-413 before Fiery reinstall

I have a Konica C6000l w/IC-413 that is showing AA code after power went out several times. I ordered a UPS for it, like I should have done earlier. My understanding is it is likely the improper shutdown. I have reloaded the fiery via USB in the past, and feel comfortable with doing it this time.

My question is this: Is the paper catalog stored in the Fiery or the machine? If in the Fiery, can I export it while in the error state on the fiery? I of course had just added a ton to it right before this happened. Bottom line, how can I reinstall the fiery software and keep my paper catalog?

Thanks all!
  • Synthohol
    Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Mar 2016

Re: Export Paper Catalog on C6000l w/IC-413 before Fiery reinstall

pretty much a no to both, you can try to connect with CWS while in an AA state but ive never gotten that lucky.

wait, the paper catalog that is stored in the copier stays there afaik, dunno if any paper specific settings are backed up through the fiery.

ive never been asked this before, damn, ya got me wondering now.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    The medication helps though...

Comment

• gwatton
      Technician

Site Contributor
      • May 2023

Originally posted by Synthohol
      pretty much a no to both, you can try to connect with CWS while in an AA state but ive never gotten that lucky.

wait, the paper catalog that is stored in the copier stays there afaik, dunno if any paper specific settings are backed up through the fiery.

ive never been asked this before, damn, ya got me wondering now.
      Alrighty, thanks for the help! I'll give it a shot and let you know what I find out.

Comment

• Synthohol
        Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
        5,000+ Posts
        • Mar 2016

if it was enabled you can try and log on through remote desktop connection and within windows you can try and run a system restore and see if that fixes the AA but its a long shot.
        i just dont like giving up.

Comment

• gwatton
          Technician

Site Contributor
          • May 2023

if it was enabled you can try and log on through remote desktop connection and within windows you can try and run a system restore and see if that fixes the AA but its a long shot.
          i just dont like giving up.
          RDC was not enabled, but that sounds like a great idea once it gets fixed. I reloaded from USB, no fix. Next step is new SSD. I pulled the drive out and tried to erase and reformat and it was having all sorts of issues, so I think that may be it.

Comment

• Synthohol
            Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
            5,000+ Posts
            • Mar 2016

i just use old copier HDDs, i take 'em home and wipe them, create a single partition but dont format.
            pop in fiery and run the installer with my laptop and a patch cable, doesnt even have to be crossover anymore.
            when i run it on my laptop i can see all the progress, ive done it by USB but the LED 10, 20, 30 thing makes me crazy.
            im better with progress bars i guess.
            what version do you have? my 1.0 version works perfect but it is XP and not supported anymore (much like the C6000)
            i never got a full win7 version and my fierys have been bios upgraded to accept win 7.

good luck,

Comment

• gwatton
              Technician

Site Contributor
              • May 2023

I have your 1.0 version. It has worked great on there for quite a while, just gave up the ghost after the power outages the other night.

Comment

• gwatton
                Technician

Site Contributor
                • May 2023

Well the install went great, Fiery boots to idle (00 code). I am able to log in to it through command workstation, but it never connects to the printer. The fiery info tab shows "Establishing Serial Connection" for a while then "Check power and cable". Never shows controller connected on printer connection. Is it the cable maybe? If its not one thing its another.

Comment

• gwatton
                  Technician

Site Contributor
                  • May 2023

i just use old copier HDDs, i take 'em home and wipe them, create a single partition but dont format.
                  pop in fiery and run the installer with my laptop and a patch cable, doesnt even have to be crossover anymore.
                  when i run it on my laptop i can see all the progress, ive done it by USB but the LED 10, 20, 30 thing makes me crazy.
                  im better with progress bars i guess.
                  what version do you have? my 1.0 version works perfect but it is XP and not supported anymore (much like the C6000)
                  i never got a full win7 version and my fierys have been bios upgraded to accept win 7.

good luck,
                  Update #3: I noticed it actually goes to AA for a minute or two during boot and then settles at 00. Not sure if that is normal as I haven't watched the LEDs during boot before.

Comment

• Synthohol
                    Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
                    5,000+ Posts
                    • Mar 2016

totally normal.
                    after spinning numbers AA is there for like 5 minutes sometimes then 00.

whew!

Comment

• gwatton
                      Technician

Site Contributor
                      • May 2023

totally normal.
                      after spinning numbers AA is there for like 5 minutes sometimes then 00.

whew!
                      Thank you for all your help (again)!

Comment

Working...