250+ Posts
    • Sep 2013

IM C4500/6000 upgrade

• davidmtupper
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Jul 2021

Re: IM C4500/6000 upgrade

That would be the IM C4510/6010. There are also IM C2010/2510 and IM C3010/3510 models. Different color scheme, very few parts interchange, they went away from the belt in the ADF and now offer a toner bottle lock to prevent changing the toner before it's empty.

Comment

• copier tech
      Field Supervisor
      5,000+ Posts
      • Jan 2014

IM C4510(A) all-in-one A3 colour laser printer | Ricoh United Kingdom
      Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Comment

• ABS tect
        Trusted Tech
        250+ Posts
        • Sep 2013

Comment

• davidmtupper
          Trusted Tech
          250+ Posts
          • Jul 2021

Originally the plan was to use the xx00 chassis for long term, but I think that someone realized that that would destroy future sales. "What do you mean my new machine is the same machine I already have?" would have been a common response to salespeople with no new models.

Comment

• slimslob
            Retired
            Site Contributor
            25,000+ Posts
            • May 2013

Originally posted by davidmtupper
            Originally the plan was to use the xx00 chassis for long term, but I think that someone realized that that would destroy future sales. "What do you mean my new machine is the same machine I already have?" would have been a common response to salespeople with no new models.
            They can still use the basic chassis but with improved electronics, features and supplies. Look at how long the "basic chassis" for the Martini series lasted.

Comment

• UNICORNico
              Trusted Tech
              250+ Posts
              • May 2018

Originally posted by davidmtupper
              That would be the IM C4510/6010. There are also IM C2010/2510 and IM C3010/3510 models. Different color scheme, very few parts interchange, they went away from the belt in the ADF and now offer a toner bottle lock to prevent changing the toner before it's empty.
              I am really curious to know what compatibility there will be between the xx00 series and the current xx10 from IMC.

I don't think it would be profitable for you to make a new series of drums, developers, etc. I understand that the most important improvements are in the software, connectivity and performance:
              - Processor (Intel)
              - RAM (DDR4, I think)
              - Storage unit (SSD) It's about time!

Is anyone else interested in seeing if the xx10 accepts the xx00 PCDUs? xD hahaha xD
              "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Comment

• davidmtupper
                Trusted Tech
                250+ Posts
                • Jul 2021

Originally posted by UNICORNico
                I am really curious to know what compatibility there will be between the xx00 series and the current xx10 from IMC.

I don't think it would be profitable for you to make a new series of drums, developers, etc. I understand that the most important improvements are in the software, connectivity and performance:
                - Processor (Intel)
                - RAM (DDR4, I think)
                - Storage unit (SSD) It's about time!

Is anyone else interested in seeing if the xx10 accepts the xx00 PCDUs? xD hahaha xD
                You might think that, but very few parts interchange between the 2 series, WTB and paper tray feed rollers are among them but the imaging section is not, nor is the toner. The ADF is a new design, no more belt, so little interchange there as well.

Comment

Working...