Clear All
  • Samanator
    Service Manager

Site Contributor
    VIP Subscriber
    500+ Posts
    • Sep 2017

[Error Code] Ricoh 4420NF Fax has 0541H Error code

I have a Ricoh 4420NFI was working on that gave me a 0541H error code. I had replaced the fuser because the old fuser had a flat spot on the press roller causing the machine to make a thumping sound when it ran. When that code came up, I put the old fuser back, but still the code stays there. I think I need to reset the code. I have tried looking in the service manual but it doesn't say how to put the machine into service mode or what code to use to clear the error. If it does, I ain't seeing it.

Could anyone please point me to or walk me through the steps to put this machine into service mode then clear this code?

Thanks in advance.
  • slimslob
    Retired

Site Contributor
    25,000+ Posts
    • May 2013

Re: Ricoh 4420NF Fax has 0541H Error code

0541H is an SC543 Heater code

Comment

• Samanator
      Service Manager

Site Contributor
      VIP Subscriber
      500+ Posts
      • Sep 2017

Thanks slimbob. You already sent me the manuals.

The problem I have is how to navigate to SP 5-810. I see in the book on page 5-1 how to enter Service P-Mode. But is this a 1 Copy or 3 Printer. Then where do I go?

On page 5-2 the book talks about different levels ("classes"). In the tables in the book the Levels are A,B,C. Are those levels A=1, B=2, C=3?

In the book on page 4-3, the SC code 541 is under the heading 'Print Engine'. So does that mean in order to do a reset, do I choose at the beginning 1 Copy or 3 Printer?

Even with a book, I am at a loss on how to proceed.

Comment

• slimslob
        Retired

Site Contributor
        25,000+ Posts
        • May 2013

Originally posted by Samanator
        Thanks slimbob. You already sent me the manuals.

The problem I have is how to navigate to SP 5-810. I see in the book on page 5-1 how to enter Service P-Mode. But is this a 1 Copy or 3 Printer. Then where do I go?

On page 5-2 the book talks about different levels ("classes"). In the tables in the book the Levels are A,B,C. Are those levels A=1, B=2, C=3?

In the book on page 4-3, the SC code 541 is under the heading 'Print Engine'. So does that mean in order to do a reset, do I choose at the beginning 1 Copy or 3 Printer?

Even with a book, I am at a loss on how to proceed.
        Use Copy. It is the same as System in the newer equipment. SP1 starts on page 5-3 and SP5 starts on page 5-14.

The classes on page 5-2 refer to the numbers after SP. Example SP1-001-1:
        SP1 is the first class
        -001 is the second class
        -1 is the third class

Comment

• Samanator
          Service Manager

Site Contributor
          VIP Subscriber
          500+ Posts
          • Sep 2017

I finally figured out how to navigate the service mode on this machine. I cleared out the 0541H and the machine then showed a jam but there was no paper on the machine. I opened and closed the front door to clear the jam. Then the machine went into another error; 0302H. When I rebooted the machine it called for a paper jam. When I opened/closed the front door it showed the 0302H error again. I tried clearing the error but no joy. I told the customer we would have to bring the machine into the shop for more eval. The customer said no, but will contact the sales rep.

Fine by me...

Thanks again for all your help, slimbob.

Comment

• slimslob
            Retired

Site Contributor
            25,000+ Posts
            • May 2013

SC302 Charge roller current leakMost likely the contacts for the charge roller or the contact spring for the PCU.

Comment

Working...