X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEDRAGON
    • Sep 2024

Bizhub c451 dirty copies

Hello :-)

I have a c451 that keeps killing black IU, they run for 5,000 or 6,000 pages and then start dumping devloper all over one end of the sheet.

I have replaced two black image units so far (in less then a week) and I am waiting on a third unit. We replaced the High Voltage unit /1 and no help. The only black imager that works is one that had the chip reset and it's drum is getting old.

Any thoughts?
  • Albonline
    Service Manager
    1,000+ Posts
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ICEDRAGON
    Hello :-)

I have a c451 that keeps killing black IU, they run for 5,000 or 6,000 pages and then start dumping devloper all over one end of the sheet.

I have replaced two black image units so far (in less then a week) and I am waiting on a third unit. We replaced the High Voltage unit /1 and no help. The only black imager that works is one that had the chip reset and it's drum is getting old.

Any thoughts?
    is iron showing up in the cleaner box? is iron on the xfer belt if you stop mech during stablization? were the 2 (dead) black units oem? same lot number?

Comment

• ICEDRAGON

Bizhub C451

What should the iron look like?

Yes both black IU were OEM, I will check the lot numbers.

The funny thing is it runs fine with the reset IU.

Comment

• ICEDRAGON

Bizhub c451 printing clean again with ne black iu

The bad ones are from the same lot!

The new one is from a differnt lot and is printing fine now, I am crossing my fingers that it will last longer than 6,000 sheets.

Comment

• JSC
          Gimp
          500+ Posts
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ICEDRAGON
          What should the iron look like?
          Stick a magnetic screwdriver in the waste btl, if the machine is pulling the dev (Iron) it will be attracted to the screwdriver, if this is the case then an ICP has blown on the main board.
          The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Comment

• ICEDRAGON

No iron in the waste bin yet

We are 1,327 prints in on the new imager running 11 x 17 on thick 1 in greyscale mode now and no problems yet. I just hope it was a bad IU X2 and not an expensive main board, we are barely makeing it over here and own this machine with no service contract so this could hurt bad, cross your fingers...I will keep you posted.

We just had the latest firmware insalled about a month ago, could this be a firmware issue?

Comment

• ICEDRAGON

Dirty copies back

After running 2,400 11 x 17 sheets the problem is back, black IU dumping iron on one side of the sheet.

How can we tell if its the main board for sure, we already replaced the High Voltage Unit /1 and went through three black IU, any ideas on what is causing the problem?

Comment

• JSC
                Gimp
                500+ Posts
                • Dec 2006

Can you post a scan of the copy quality problem?
                The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Comment

• ICEDRAGON

Bizhub c451 dirty copies

There is Iron on the sheets and in the waste box, we have decided to change the main print control board on the machine, it controls the black imager and we think its bad.

The part is on its way and we should know by tomorrow if its the bad part.

thank you for all your sugestions. :-)

Comment

• ICEDRAGON

Dirty copies on the c451 are back!

Hello & Happy Sunday! :-)

WE replaced the PWB assembly MC and it ran fine like normally and then after 6,000 pages the iron is back on the sheet

Now we have replaced two boards and the proble hasn't changed, any Ideas?

Comment

• ICEDRAGON

How can we get a scan of the print problem into the message

How can we get a picture into this message area for you to view and give us feed back, its basicly dumping developer on the top part of both sides of the page after we run around 5,000 pages on a new Black IU, we have changed the Transfer Belt, the black IU three times, the fuser, the PWB assembly MC and the High Voltage Unit /1 and the problem just keeps coming back.

Please some one help!

Comment

• thuo
                        Trusted Tech
                        100+ Posts
                        • Feb 2008

Bizhub c451

can you try to set toner replenishing mode to auto

Comment

• Si@danwood
                          Trusted Tech
                          100+ Posts
                          • Mar 2008

I presume that you have tried a new transfer belt at some point?

Comment

• rprem
                            Technician
                            • Apr 2009

hi friends

I got the same problem in 253 machine,wt was the machine yeild u r changing the drum for the first time wt makes u to change the drum
                            if u get error codes so u r changing the drum
                            reply me
                            Head Lines Are Made When Dead Lines Are Met

Comment

• Albonline
                              Service Manager
                              1,000+ Posts
                              • Sep 2008

sorry for the delay. on vacation. i would suspect the other hv unit. we had quit a few of these units have cascade failures. takeing out hv1 hv2 and mcb . replacing 1 unit at a time just ruined the new unit. you may need to replace all 3 together.sorry for the bad news!

Comment

Working...