PDA

View Full Version : C450 Authentication Issues - Allow printing from anyone, require pin for copying

Custom Search

link470
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Hello! I'm new here and am looking at getting some help with a C450 copier. The client I'm working for has this copier, and I run a Windows Server 2003 Domain there and 6 client computers at their office, it's pretty small compared to most places I install domain setups, but it works well. The printer driver is on the print server, and is pushed down to clients via a login script that refreshes the printers each time they log in with what's in the script.

The copier however, has that authentication setting, and inside the printer driver you need to add a username and password for each computer. That wasn't working, and the client only had one generic username on the printer that had full printing access, so I said ok, best solution is to remove that account, and set Network>Authentication>User Auth/Account Track>General Settings to Off. So I did, and the printer works perfectly.

Now, the client wants tracking enabled. They don't need tracking for print jobs, ONLY copies. Is it possible to have the printer driver still not require a password on each system, but to have the copier log copies done right at the printer only?? In the web panel under System, I see User Authentication [which is where the secretary put the 7 accounts] and I see Account Track Registration [which is where there's one account that looks like it was put there when the printer was installed].

Any help on just having a pin for copying but not requiring a username or password when using the printer driver and allow free access to printing from the computers that are on the domain printing through the print server would be fantastic!

Thanks so much. The sooner the better, as at the moment, she set those settings and now none of them have printing access unless I set the copier's General to Off again in User Auth/Account Tracking :)

copytechman
10-21-2009, 05:54 PM
If its like the newer machines, under the authentication settings there may be a print without authentication function/button.. if so, set it to allow. This will make the print function wide open.

Regards!
A.

Custom Search