PDA

View Full Version : Error Code error code on c500

Custom Search

theprinter
09-17-2010, 10:39 AM
must be the week from hell for me, first our c6500 went down. And now my c500 (badged as a ikon cpp500) has brought up an error after a paper jam - error code is sc36-07, please help if you can.

thank you

Stirton.M
09-17-2010, 02:09 PM
This is the same event as your 6500 problem. Same latch has been triggered, accessible in 25 mode.

Tell me, are you trying to print to heavy stock or coated paper on the wrong paper weight setting so you can duplex print? I find it odd you would have two machines that would have the same trigger event, and usually from my experience, the operator needed to do a duplex print on heavy or coated stocks where the machine would disable duplex when set to the proper weight. I suggest if you are to split the job and print single sided at the correct weight programmed for the paper you are using. Flip the stack and refeed it for the second side.

The reasonis simply that if the paper is heavy and/or coated, that when it exits the fuser the toner will still be quite soft and will not have cooled sufficiently enough the first few inches out of the fuser. If the paper is pushed through the turnover gate, or set to face down mode, this soft toner will sometimes stick to the turnover gate ribs as it passes flexed into the guide. The more this happens, the more toner gets stuck to the ribs and will eventually start to scrape toner clean off the page, regardless of the weight used, leaving sporadic white streaks in the feed direction of the printed image.

theprinter
09-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply, when the c500 brought up the error it was indeed printing on 300gsm gloss but the setting was correct, I know that this is slightly over spec on weight. On the c6500 we always print simplex on any weight of paper over 250gsm. Would you please let me know what could fix this as both machines are out of warranty and out of service, the c6500 just over 1 month out of service. So I was hoping that i could find a way to either fix my self or failing that I could find an engineer local to me (west yorkshire, uk). Both machines mostly print letterheads, leaflets on 130gsm gloss or very short runs of business cards (typically 15 to 50 sheets on 300gsm silk) so they do not get heavy use on anything above 200gsm stock. Again, thank you for your help so far.

RRodgers
09-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd check to make sure a piece of paper didn't wrap up into the fuser. Take the top cover and be sure. (if you know how to use a screw driver on these)

theprinter
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi!

I have taken off the top cover and checked for a piece of paper, it is perfectly clear, no obstructions at all in the paper path.

Stirton.M
09-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Due to the complexity of the fuser unit, I cannot say much more can be done by an end user. Call in for service.

Custom Search